Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Temporarily Unavailable... [Most mornings]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - essentially every morning on my ‘17 Model S 90D lately I get in to the above error message for the first 10-20 minutes of driving.

As the error message says, when I try to adjust the air suspension, i just see a swirling circle in the UI indicating that it’s having some sort of difficulty.

In general, the error message goes away within 20 minutes.

Maybe a cold weather issue? It is something relatively new with the start of cold weather in the northeast US, but it’s getting very frustrating.

My car is a ‘17 but I have 70k miles on it, so no warranty.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Attachments

• 2011731F-B6EF-4A12-B5EA-2348FEA83C19.jpeg
    2011731F-B6EF-4A12-B5EA-2348FEA83C19.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 294
It could be like my Jaguar Xjr. The air suspension compressor has a plastic piston ring which wears out. I replaced the ring using a kit from 'bag piping Andy' on ebay.
I don't know if the model s compressor is similar. My S has lowly coils.

I see this usually when it is cold and the undercarriage is full of ice and crap. Third winter with the car and have seen it intermittently all three and recently had other front suspension repair, they flagged nothing air suspension related.

I chalk it up to California car much like the windows.

Hi - essentially every morning on my ‘17 Model S 90D lately I get in to the above error message for the first 10-20 minutes of driving.

As the error message says, when I try to adjust the air suspension, i just see a swirling circle in the UI indicating that it’s having some sort of difficulty.

In general, the error message goes away within 20 minutes.

Maybe a cold weather issue? It is something relatively new with the start of cold weather in the northeast US, but it’s getting very frustrating.

My car is a ‘17 but I have 70k miles on it, so no warranty.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Your ride height sensors or sensor arms could be worn/damaged from any salt slush/mush blocks that formed and rattled around at the top of the suspension in the past/present winter driving.