Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airport Parking - Purple Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening all!

I’m away in a couple of weeks & the only airport parking I can get is Purple Parking, where you have to leave your keys.....

As you can imagine, I’m a little nervous. Part from Valet mode, what is there I can do to stop somebody taking the car for a joyride or similar?

Will be away for 9 days, SR+ so I think battery drain will be too much to have sentry mode enabled.

Any Tesla owners have experience with Purple Parking?

Make a note of the mileage as you park up. Having had similar concerns in the past with off site companies I tracked them from the app moving the car. You may be quite surprised often how slowly they drive.
I have no doubt there will be something in the employee’s contract about joyriding!
Valet mode is actually quite good though.

+1 valet mode

plus whenever I’ve left my car with a drop off service I normally find there are plenty of other cars they’d rather joyride with.

I do recall one time I left a car at Gatwick i tracked it sitting at a body workshop nearby. My heart sank but then realised when I picked it up the body shop was right next to the parking space they’d left it at :oops:

+1 valet mode

plus whenever I’ve left my car with a drop off service I normally find there are plenty of other cars they’d rather joyride with.

I do recall one time I left a car at Gatwick i tracked it sitting at a body workshop nearby. My heart sank but then realised when I picked it up the body shop was right next to the parking space they’d left it at :oops:
Do you remember the name of the body shop? Coachworks by any chance? TC Garage?

not sure which airport your going to OP but plenty of parking in the official short stay and Long stay parking. Where you don't have to leave your keys. Would not trust anyone driving or parking your car without you there