TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Akon's A Tesla Fanboi

Discussion in 'Video' started by CTemp222, Jan 26, 2016.

1. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

The car is light?!? He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's full of it. When you ask any Tesla owner what they have they do not "I have the Tesla S" They say " I have a P90D", or whatever their model is.

Crap.

3. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I don't think it's crap...it's not bad to have a famous fan.

However, it's clear he's full of himself ("I'm a superstar") and doesn't know that much about the car's specs (definitely not light).

Regardless, the more fans, the merrier. Maybe it will help sway some on the fence to go electric--and go Tesla. It might sway those who take their automobile purchasing advice from a celebrity :), and sadly there are some of those out there!

5. notAmeenPerson

People can like something without knowing much about it, that's not a crime. How much do you actually know about the intricacies of every single thing you use and experience on a daily basis? He's obviously had a wide selection of exotic cars to use in the past.

6. CHG-ON

You guys are right. I just hate people speaking from an uninformed, ignorant position, regardless of who they are. There are so many who are much better prepared to sing the praises of these amazing products. The other thing is that he was so vague that I don't believe that he actually owns one. I hope I am wrong.

PS: I guess I'm not in the know. I have no idea who he is.

7. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Akon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- - - Updated - - -

I also hate it when people are ignorant but he doesn't introduce himself as a car guy or EV guy he says he's a superstar (R&B). There are plenty of his fans who would scoff at you because you don't know who he is. Even if it is a little cringey to listen to him talk about it I think it shows all of us just how far Tesla has reached. So far in fact that you no longer have to be an "expert" on EV's to own one. That's a good thing!

8. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

Famous? Never heard of him.

9. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I'm assuming your over the age of 30 then:wink:? everyone in my generation at least knows the name.

10. CHG-ON

Oh you bet I am over 30! Waay over at this point. But I do keep up pretty well with what you crazy kids are listening to. Though I have been guilty, like my parents before me, of saying "can you believe the trash these kids are listening to these days?"!:eek:

I looked for an old geezer emoji, but couldn't find one...Just add lots of grey.

11. 1208

1208 Active Member

Liked the fact he talked about not being a fan of hybrids and that proper EVs are the way to go.

12. DougH

DougH Active Member

I could probably buy 3 Tesla's with that rock on his ear :frown:

13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

What is this person's full name. I don't know who he is.
    Not that it really matters...

14. 1208

1208 Active Member

Akon Omy

15. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Come on guys, it's Akon. Give a rapper a break.

Tesla is light --> translation --> The Tesla Model S is built to be as light as possible and feels light as well.

It's not light, but it could have been a whole heck of a lot heavier. Battery supposedly weighs around 1200 lbs, the whole car around 4700 lbs, so without the battery, it's only about 3500 lbs. Not bad for it's size.

16. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Haha I wonder what the average age is on this forum... I don't listen to rap even though some of my peers do. And it certainly is a generational thing.