Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Akon's A Tesla Fanboi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's crap...it's not bad to have a famous fan.

However, it's clear he's full of himself ("I'm a superstar") and doesn't know that much about the car's specs (definitely not light).

Regardless, the more fans, the merrier. Maybe it will help sway some on the fence to go electric--and go Tesla. It might sway those who take their automobile purchasing advice from a celebrity :), and sadly there are some of those out there!

You guys are right. I just hate people speaking from an uninformed, ignorant position, regardless of who they are. There are so many who are much better prepared to sing the praises of these amazing products. The other thing is that he was so vague that I don't believe that he actually owns one. I hope I am wrong.

PS: I guess I'm not in the know. I have no idea who he is.

PS: I guess I'm not in the know. I have no idea who he is.
Akon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- - - Updated - - -

I also hate it when people are ignorant but he doesn't introduce himself as a car guy or EV guy he says he's a superstar (R&B). There are plenty of his fans who would scoff at you because you don't know who he is. Even if it is a little cringey to listen to him talk about it I think it shows all of us just how far Tesla has reached. So far in fact that you no longer have to be an "expert" on EV's to own one. That's a good thing!

Oh you bet I am over 30! Waay over at this point. But I do keep up pretty well with what you crazy kids are listening to. Though I have been guilty, like my parents before me, of saying "can you believe the trash these kids are listening to these days?"!:eek:

I looked for an old geezer emoji, but couldn't find one...Just add lots of grey.

Come on guys, it's Akon. Give a rapper a break.

Tesla is light --> translation --> The Tesla Model S is built to be as light as possible and feels light as well.

It's not light, but it could have been a whole heck of a lot heavier. Battery supposedly weighs around 1200 lbs, the whole car around 4700 lbs, so without the battery, it's only about 3500 lbs. Not bad for it's size.

Oh you bet I am over 30! Waay over at this point. But I do keep up pretty well with what you crazy kids are listening to. Though I have been guilty, like my parents before me, of saying "can you believe the trash these kids are listening to these days?"!:eek:

I looked for an old geezer emoji, but couldn't find one...Just add lots of grey.
Haha I wonder what the average age is on this forum... I don't listen to rap even though some of my peers do. And it certainly is a generational thing.