Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alex Choi Review and YouTube supercar community.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trips

"Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"
Sep 22, 2015
Omaha, NE
This is a great review for many reasons. For people that do not know Alex, he has the most extreme BMW M2 and Lamborghini Huracan that anyone has ever created. He knows supercars and the fact that he bought one says a lot about Tesla. In the last month some of the top (non-Tesla) youtuber car channel's, Tanner Fox (Model X) Alex Choi/DDE (Model 3 Performance) and Solomondrin (Next Gen Roadster) have partially converted over to Tesla. These guys are all guys having spent much more (Solonondrin spent $1.3 million on a Senna) on cars and are converting over to electric.

rich kid with ANOTHER new car...who cares

Because he happens to have real and relevant experience driving some of the best cars in the world and is making an attempt to genuinely provide his first impressions the P3D in comparison to those experiences. If you are an car enthusiast his thoughts and initial impressions are actually very well-worth watching.

It's funny, there are a boatload of posts on this forum about Teslas from people who have never driven one. Or, alternatively, people who DO have a Tesla (and even a P3D) talking about how well they do (or don't drive) who have not driven any benchmark cars to compare them to. Do you take just as much exception to those posts?

"My mind is about to explode about how well this car handles." (a quote from his video about 5:50 in) When someone who has driven the kinds of cars this young man has makes a statement like that (a statement that I happen to agree with based on my driving experience and P3D ownership), rather than being dismissive for a completely irrelevant reason perhaps actually watching the video and learning something might make sense?

For me, it was tough to get a Tesla as my next car b/c I thought for the price range, most people usually get BMW, Mercedes, Lexus because they are cars everyone knows. But now, I really like being electric and driving a Tesla. Driving electric is way more comfortable than any gas based luxury car, alot more responsive (no lag).

The only thing I wish Tesla would do is maybe design a car with more sharp edges like BMW / Mercedes and an swaggy interior with chrome / leather like Mercedes. Tesla has the tech coolness like an iPhone, but I wish they would consider designing nicer interiors that have craftsmanship. Maybe it could be an upgrade if they must, at least people can have options.

My mom has a Mercedes GLC AMG Edition 1, it has an awesome race inspired interior. But after driving EV, I don't like the way it drives, even though it's AMG. That's also the hard part, getting the top of the line Tesla, you don't have that same badge prestige as like AMG or BMW M-series. Just like P100D, but its not as recognizable as AMG.

I don't agree with his views of the exterior of the car. Obviously, looks are subjective and he prefers more aggressive-looking cars. I also don't like the way he seemingly promoted misuse of autopilot. Aside from that, glad he enjoyed the experience.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I don't agree with his views of the exterior of the car. Obviously, looks are subjective and he prefers more aggressive-looking cars. I also don't like the way he seemingly promoted misuse of autopilot. Aside from that, glad he enjoyed the experience.
Alex Choi seems to like to ruin the cars' looks with customization anyway.
His Lamborghini Audi and M2 all look terrible after what he had done to them.

This video is going to sell a boat load of new Tesla.

His videos are designed to grab attention. The more hits, the better his success.

He is kind of a local Hero in his community, so a positive remark from him will encourage many others to look into Electric cars. Especially Tesla.

Those drag races against the very well respected Audi S7 will give the Model 3 Performance lots of street crew. It simply walked away from the Audi, like the Audi was bolted to the ground.

Reactions: SmartElectric
This video is going to sell a boat load of new Tesla.

His videos are designed to grab attention. The more hits, the better his success.

He is kind of a local Hero in his community, so a positive remark from him will encourage many others to look into Electric cars. Especially Tesla.

Those drag races against the very well respected Audi S7 will give the Model 3 Performance lots of street crew. It simply walked away from the Audi, like the Audi was bolted to the ground.
Most of his commenters seem like teenagers who cannot afford a bicycle.

Reactions: alexGS