Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aliexpress Gemini Wheel Covers (Uberturbine Style)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen these on Aliexpress for some time, and then someone from my Facebook group posted pics of them.

How do we feel about these? (aliexpress link)

I think they look good, they'd probably look better on a slightly lowered Model Y to minimize the wheel gap on 19s.

(not my Y, dirty tires throw off the new look, but OK)
1655217098802.png

1655217111042.png

1655217119405.png

1655217168754.png

I like the look. Do they increase the mileage like the ones provided by Tesla? I don’t know if anyone has had any issues with Aliexpress, I tried to order something from them (not for Tesla) when COVID first started and never received it. I would like to hear if others had issues

I like the look. Do they increase the mileage like the ones provided by Tesla? I don’t know if anyone has had any issues with Aliexpress, I tried to order something from them (not for Tesla) when COVID first started and never received it. I would like to hear if others had issues

I bet they probably increase the mileage over no cover, but probably aren't as efficiently designed as the Tesla ones.

Aliexpress is a huge marketplace, probably next to Amazon, owned by the Alibaba group. I've been using it for over a decade for small parts and things that are cheaper directly from China. They have a pretty robust refund policy. If you don't receive the item after the shipping time limit runs out, you can file a dispute for a refund. These wheel covers will definitely be shipped with tracked shipping (because it is also a large package), so I don't see a concern.

I'll probably order them. I use Gemini covers right now because I actually like the look on my White Y, but I am feeling like a change.

Thanks this seller actually has some other better options I haven't seen before. Including these 20" covers that have more spokes similar to Uberturbines. The actual listing doesn't show them on a Model Y however, it shows the other style. I've inquired to ask if the 20" version fits on the stock 19" gemini rims. Technically the Gemini covers are 20" in diameter, so I imagine these are the same, which is great.

EDIT: Nevermind they do not fit the 19", seller confirmed. Not sure who'd have aftermarket 20" rims that need hubcaps...

1655302775889.png

For the price, the Rimetrix Laminars look better.
I agree. I particularly like the look of the attaching method which may decrease the chances of scratching the silver spokes.
However, for the UK. shipping and import taxes make them very expensive.

I have just received a set of covers from Tessories here in the UK. They don't look as good as the Rimetrix and carry a warning regarding spoke scratches from the clips. I did not notice the warning on their ad pre-purchase.... 🤔 funny that.