Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alightment , fit and finish issues all solved now ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new S 60 will arrive soon. Should I expect that all the workmanship issues have been solved now and that my car's body parts are all correctly aligned and trim fits perfectly ?
No, they are not solved, though greatly improved from 2013 (when I took delivery of our first Model S). I would recommend doing a thorough inspection when picking up the car, and have the DS take pictures of anything that remotely seems mis-aligned or appears to be a larger gap than appropriate. Your DS can upload the pictures and have a record of your concerns documented to be addressed at a later date. And you will still have aching facial muscles from your Tesla grin.

Reactions: STbreaker
My 2016 70D is essentially perfect with the exception of a piece of chrome trim on the passenger side - but it's so slightly off that I have not wanted to bother going to a service center. Aside from that the car has been 100% issue-free in over 12,000 miles of driving so far.

Nope, they aren't solved yet.
Mine was probably the first batch of the refreshed front, so front bumper cover doesn't align with the fender that well. There is one portion that probably sticks out like 0.2in. It's barely noticeable from afar, but easily identified when within a feet or two.
My wheels were misaligned from day one though, which is very annoying. I didn't get a chance to bring it in until two weeks ago. They aligned them free of charge. Just so if anyone wonders, the car pulled right very hard, to a point that it wouldn't stay in the same lane for more than 50ft if I let go of the steering.