Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucid's market cap passes Rivian's. Hmmm

1642681821826.png

I just saw drag times vid on the Lucid. I did not care for the color but wow that thing was plush. Great features. Nice way to bring luxury and performance and EV together . To me it isn’t even the same category as Tesla but they were comparing them a bit.

I just saw drag times vid on the Lucid. I did not care for the color but wow that thing was plush. Great features. Nice way to bring luxury and performance and EV together . To me it isn’t even the same category as Tesla but they were comparing them a bit.

Plaid is triple motor. Dream R is dual motor.

The Air is getting a triple motor option at some point. Maybe after ramp up.

That will be a much more direct comparison.

Kinda like an AMG Mercedes vs a BMW M.

Plaid is triple motor. Dream R is dual motor.

The Air is getting a triple motor option at some point. Maybe after ramp up.

That will be a much more direct comparison.
What difference does it make if it has two or three motors? The Lucid Air Dream Performance Edition has 1100 HP vs. the Plaid's 1050 HP. But it is still slower than the Plaid. (Which is at least partially because it weighs significantly more.)

Reactions: juanmedina
What difference does it make if it has two or three motors? The Lucid Air Dream Performance Edition has 1100 HP vs. the Plaid's 1050 HP. But it is still slower than the Plaid. (Which is at least partially because it weighs significantly more.)

Air Triple Motor will have more power and more traction. And maybe go on a little diet.

Model S Plaid tires are F 265/35ZR21 R 295/30ZR21

Air Dream P tires are F 245/35ZR21 R 265/35ZR21

Lucid was really prioritizing range. Even on the Dream Performance model.

For the Triple Motor they will prioritize performance. And beating Plaid IMO.

Air Triple Motor will have more power and more traction. And maybe go on a little diet.

Model S Plaid tires are F 265/35ZR21 R 295/30ZR21

Air Dream P tires are F 245/35ZR21 R 265/35ZR21

Lucid was really prioritizing range. Even on the Dream Performance model.

For the Triple Motor they will prioritize performance. And beating Plaid IMO.

what will be the starting price?

The same can be said for the Plaid a larger pack would enable it to push more power to the motors. Dragtimes had the Rimac engineers look at the Plaid and they said that Plaid was battery limited and that motors were good for 1500hp.

what will be the starting price?

The same can be said for the Plaid a larger pack would enable it to push more power to the motors. Dragtimes had the Rimac engineers look at the Plaid and they said that Plaid was battery limited and that motors were good for 1500hp.

How would I know what the starting price will be? Lucid hasn't even given prices for options on Air GT, Air Touring and Air Pure. I don't think even Peter knows what the price for Air Triple Motor will be.

Auto journalist have just said Lucid executives have acknowledged Lucid Air Triple Motor is coming.

Elon has publicly said Plaid is good enough so Tesla won't build Plaid Plus.

That is the difference. It is public knowledge a higher performance Air is coming while a higher range/performance Model S is not.

Yes, Elon can change his mind but til then......

Elon has publicly said Plaid is good enough so Tesla won't build Plaid Plus.

There won't be a Plaid Plus because the Plaid itself will get better over time. Eventually the 4680's will be integrated into the Plaid's which will increase range and energy output while reducing weight. That will equal better performance.

Tesla doesn't need a Plaid Plus. The Plaid will become the Plaid Plus. :cool:

Last edited:
Looks like they have enough cash for one more year. Contrasting to the first major delivery report from Tesla Q3 2012, the scariest number I can't find in the Lucid report is the run rate. Tesla had run rates mapped out and as hit 200 Model S/week when the report came out. Lucid however didn't say anything about it...next Q report is make or break. If Lucid production is under 1k then you'll see your 70% drop. For reference, Tesla hit a production 2750 per Q on their 8th month. Will Lucid hit anything close to this on their 8th month? Not at the rate this is going....

Tesla Q3 2012
Production: 350 cars
net loss:110 million
Market cap: 3.5B

Lucid
Production: ~250???
net loss: 1.045 billion
Market cap: 47 B

@Singuy Their current guidance is up to 14k production for all of 2022. That is ~269/week or ~3,200/quarter. (But they say the installed capacity is ~34k/year.)

It is likely that they made ~275 in the last 2 months. They have made 400 total minus the 125 they delivered last year. (That assumes that they delivered every car they made in 2021 in Q4, so YTD production is probably lower than 275.)

So I would expect Q1 production to be to be well under 500...

Situation in Lucid is very Fluid ;) down 15% after earnings!!

Lucid Group is cutting its car production forecast for this year by as much as 40%, sending shares of the electric vehicle start-up tumbling 14% during after hours trading.
12,000 and 14,000 vehicles, instead of 20,000 units for 2022

Peter said they did not deliver dozens perhaps hundreds of Dream Editions for lack of unique carpet and wheels.

Could they not contact customers and ask them if they are willing to accept black carpet and another wheel choice? At least the wheels for temporary until the Dream 21" are back in plentiful stock?

Getting enough windshields that pass their quality control also is a problem.

I get they don't want to half ass cars to get them out the door and fix later but this is taking perfectionism to the opposite extreme.

OTOH they have received almost universal praise for hardware fit and finish. But can they scale?

Peter did say they are well stocked with cells and chips.

Company I work for just released the sickest video on Lucid with some sweet Model S Plaid and Tesla love in there too. There are, of course, some errors in it but I wasn't the producer so don't blame me! lol

Jason daily drives an EV and is a huge fan of Tesla. I've already promised him my Roadster for review whenever it comes in.

Reactions: ZeApelido