Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of the Hummer EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think GM has the truck for you! Did you get your reservation in before they said "No more, we don't want to build one of these for everyone who might want it"? Or, maybe you need a bed bigger than 4 feet?

For me, size don't matter so long at it seats 6+ adults comfortably. It's going to be interesting to choose between Plaid 7-seater, Cybertruck, and others. I'm not planning to keep multiple cars for myself. I'll probably skip the first production year of all of them, and wait what will be delivered to our continent afterall.

"Crabwalkin" sounds like a bleeding edge maintenance nightmare...

Did everyone see that block-head Jonas' comment on the Hummer reveal? I think he nails his colours pretty firmly here, plus seems he fancies himself as some kind of comedian... What a putz!

“Crab walk – I think some investors are crab-walking back to a stock that they had written off here. So, well-done to you guys,” Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas told GM President Mark Reuss, referring to a “crab walk” capability of the Hummer EV to move in a diagonal direction.

GM shares close at new year-to-date high following Hummer EV debut

Did everyone see that block-head Jonas' comment on the Hummer reveal? I think he nails his colours pretty firmly here, plus seems he fancies himself as some kind of comedian... What a putz!

“Crab walk – I think some investors are crab-walking back to a stock that they had written off here. So, well-done to you guys,” Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas told GM President Mark Reuss, referring to a “crab walk” capability of the Hummer EV to move in a diagonal direction.

I am sure you probably read the fine print in the last scene of the commercial
"Simulated vehicle shown, actual production model might vary"
Elon always says that making prototypes is easy , the hard part is putting them into production.
Looks like GM couldn't even make a prototype?

I am sure you probably read the fine print in the last scene of the commercial
"Simulated vehicle shown, actual production model might vary"
Elon always says that making prototypes is easy , the hard part is putting them into production.
Looks like GM couldn't even make a prototype?

Aren't they just going to use that same Korean company they used to make their Bolt EV? Maybe the prototype is in Korea and they didn't want to film the commercial there? :confused:

/s

With a "Simulated Vehicle" why didn't GM just simulate a Hummer VTOL and call it the Hummerbird Mode?

Last edited:
Just looking at this comparison as well as this reservation page showing how the first edition is sold out (how many units?) and the next won't ship for another year.

I'm guessing 100 units ship in 2021 and 900 ship in 2022 of Edition 1.
500 units of 3V3x in 2022 and then it gets cancelled.

I hope they do better, but without massive discounts I'm only thinking diehard fanbois will buy.