Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All doors suddenly closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night in our driveway I opened both front doors, and both falcon wing doors. My wife, son and I got out, son was clear of the passenger falcon wing, but the passenger door, and drivers side falcon wing started closing. I was hit in the head pretty hard: headache and stiff neck.
Anyone else had this issue??

Solution
Last night in our driveway I opened both front doors, and both falcon wing doors. My wife, son and I got out, son was clear of the passenger falcon wing, but the passenger door, and drivers side falcon wing started closing. I was hit in the head pretty hard: headache and stiff neck.
Where are your fobs? A fob can accidentally be pushed to lock/close doors from time to time. You can go to the screen and re-configure how to lock with a fob: instead of 1 push, change it to 3 pushes.
Where are your fobs? A fob can accidentally be pushed to lock/close doors from time to time. You can go to the screen and re-configure how to lock with a fob: instead of 1 push, change it to 3 pushes.

Upvote 0
Solution
I found that putting the fob in my pocket with the top of the fob facing out, that I could accidently bump the top button and close the doors on myself even after changing the setting to 3 pushes. I have since been inserting the fob in my pocket with the top of the fob against my leg which has prevented further accidental closings.

Upvote 0
I found that putting the fob in my pocket with the top of the fob facing out, that I could accidently bump the top button and close the doors on myself even after changing the setting to 3 pushes. I have since been inserting the fob in my pocket with the top of the fob against my leg which has prevented further accidental closings.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Get a Fob guard, absolute requirement. Tons on Amazon.
I’m curious what type you are recommending. We had a number of inadvertent fob pushes early in our MX ownership and I never found any covers that provided the needed rigidity to prevent accidental actuations. I made myself an inelegant custom-fit cardboard box for my fob that has worked well. But would like to know real world solutions by others.

Upvote 0