Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Revved Up, but So Far to Go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla managed to sell its shares to the public for the first time last month, raising $226.1 million, the shares have dropped to $21.29 from an early high of $30.42.

It's interesting when you know the whole story how many "facts" are reported in a way to give a negative spin. Lots of "selective" fact reporting in this article. For example, no mention of the fact that the IPO started in the $17 range...so it's made positive strides, even after the quick-cash investors pulled out.

What is it with the American media these days? They so strongly worship Capitalism and free enterprise, yet take overwhelming efforts to turn companies that try to push the boundaries of technology and twist them into failures?

Interesting article and I enjoyed reading it, but it's hard to know how much to believe.

I happen to read Jalopnik on a daily basis and can confirm that it is biased against electric cars in general and Tesla specifically. Including views from this site brings the article's objectivity into question.

Ken

It's interesting when you know the whole story how many "facts" are reported in a way to give a negative spin. Lots of "selective" fact reporting in this article. For example, no mention of the fact that the IPO started in the $17 range...so it's made positive strides, even after the quick-cash investors pulled out.

What is it with the American media these days? They so strongly worship Capitalism and free enterprise, yet take overwhelming efforts to turn companies that try to push the boundaries of technology and twist them into failures?

Todd,
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Sure, Elon has many questionable traits. I can think of crazier people who have put more on the line to accomplish great things. He's willing to apply his fortune, and that's okay with me.

I see my Model S reservation as a risk because of the company's unpredictability, but it's also a vote to promote some auto industry boat-rocking, an alternative technology for vehicle propulsion, the end of the middle man (dealerships). The list goes on...

I'm with Burch on this one - the media should be cheering underdog, in-stride companies like this instead of nay-saying. But they'd rather get their story and trash the leftovers.

teslavanityplate3.jpg

Any guesses?