Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All the gear and.. no Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, most of it. :) Roll on September!

Thanks to users on this forum I have managed to aquire a few of the extras for the car.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 58
Cool, Which wireless charger did you go for in the end, and do you like it (Quality wise)?
Thanks eddy. I went for the wireless jeda pad but ordered before they released the hub expansion unit (hence the one I have in my photo). I know it will reduce the voltage for charging a secondary phone but that does not concern me too much at this stage. Quality wise it seems very good and I presume it fits okay!

Looking forward to your delivery? Feels good to have something so positive to be looking forward to, huh? A feeling like waiting on Christmas or a sweetie to arrive by plane from some place? Embrace the feeling, enjoy it while its with you. Ride the wave of it. Pretty soon when you are behind the wheel of your car, the high you feel will morph into something new. You can't wait to drive. You will think of it when you first awake and it will be one of the last things at night.

Reactions: GrumpyManUK
Thanks, Jeda seem the way to go, there seems to be a whole slew of model 3 wireless chargers on amazon now from brands I have never heard of. I think I will play it safe.

I have an end of august delivery slot (which I am 90% likely to be on holiday) but have refrained from buying any gear in case I lose out in the great Tesla delivery lottery.

Thanks, Jeda seem the way to go, there seems to be a whole slew of model 3 wireless chargers on amazon now from brands I have never heard of. I think I will play it safe.

I'd definitely play it safe and go with one of the established brands.

I opted for the Nomad one as I trust the company and have other products from them. I wish there was a video comparison of that compared with the Jeda one, but there wasn't when I purchased.

The Nomad option is very solid and the coating is very grippy. It's possible the Jeda one is too, but I didn't know enough about that brand so went with the safe choice.

I think the Jeda might be the better option over the Nomad. It allows landscape orientation, and one side can support a wired option for passengers without Qi capability – though that requires an extra part sold separately (Jeda spacer – $15)

Reactions: Watts_Up
I got a bike rack still boxed up in the hall - it is out of its return period I think now and it, and Brexit uncertainty are the only things stopping me from walking away from things and having another look at the EV market next year.

I think the Jeda might be the better option over the Nomad. It allows landscape orientation, and one side can support a wired option for passengers without Qi capability – though that requires an extra part sold separately (Jeda spacer – $15)

I just saw DÆrik's video comparing the two. It does seem like the landscape charging in the Jeda could be useful for some folks. I personally wouldn't want the cabled bits, as neither of us need that and it makes the charger less attractive IMO.

I think overall I'm happy with my choice as I think the Nomad one looks better and appears to have a better finish, but I'm confident I'd have been happy with the Jeda charger and the extra $70 in my pocket!

Still, I love Nomad's gear so I don't regret my choice.

I'm still on plugin charging, but other family members are wireless.

I put my phone on a wireless charger and it didn't like it - I expected the charger to be more graceful in its defeat - can't remember what it did now, probably some odd LED light combo - iirc it looked like it was trying to charge, then stopped, then tried again, repeat...

How to these chargers handle non inductive devices. Do they repeatedly keep trying to zap them or are they more aware of things and do actually handle other metallic objects gracefully?

I just saw DÆrik's video comparing the two. It does seem like the landscape charging in the Jeda could be useful for some folks. I personally wouldn't want the cabled bits, as neither of us need that and it makes the charger less attractive IMO.

I think overall I'm happy with my choice as I think the Nomad one looks better and appears to have a better finish, but I'm confident I'd have been happy with the Jeda charger and the extra $70 in my pocket!

Sorry, I should have added 'the better option for me'. Nomad makes great stuff, and if my wife's phone had Qi I'd no doubt go for the Nomad.

Anyone looking for a wireless charger should also consider the TapTes. It’s a budget option at $49.90 delivered (mine arrived in about a week) and the build quality and finish seems great. It also has three coils to support upright and landscape charging.

Anyone looking for a wireless charger should also consider the TapTes. It’s a budget option at $49.90 delivered (mine arrived in about a week) and the build quality and finish seems great. It also has three coils to support upright and landscape charging.
Oh, I'm an idiot. I was thinking that the Jeda one _was_ about $50. In that case (for my use) I'd definitely take the Nomad one as it's only about $20 more than the Jeda.

TapTes seems like a reasonable budget option. How's the fit and finish / sizing for the space in the car? I saw some other cheaper options (like, super cheap eBay crap) didn't fit perfectly and didn't have a great non-slip texture so the phone rattled / slid about a bit.

Oh, I'm an idiot. I was thinking that the Jeda one _was_ about $50. In that case (for my use) I'd definitely take the Nomad one as it's only about $20 more than the Jeda.

TapTes seems like a reasonable budget option. How's the fit and finish / sizing for the space in the car? I saw some other cheaper options (like, super cheap eBay crap) didn't fit perfectly and didn't have a great non-slip texture so the phone rattled / slid about a bit.
The finish is really nice. Good quality rubbery finish on the front. I can’t tell about how it fits in the car yet, as I won’t have the car until next week.