Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Also looking at Roadster - looking for advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling my 2011 Roadster s on cars.com. I am moving and don't have room for the car. It is priced way below similar Tesla Roadsters for sale and only has 3,260 miles. I live in zip code 93101 so you can specify a Tesla within 30 miles of 93110 on cars.com and it will come up.

One way to reduce your investment is to take over an existing lease. I say that, because (a) I think it's true and (b) I happen to be selling just such a car. :)

I leased one of the last Roadsters to be built: a jet-black non-Sport model with the most important upgrades (IMHO) like the adjustable suspension and upgraded wheels (in black). And of course it has every improvement Tesla did to the Roadster line. I received it on 8/31/11, and it now has just 3130 miles on it. Pristine, perfect condition, lives in an air-conditioned garage. There's still 21 months remaining on the lease.

If such a car might be interesting to you, drop me a line here on the forum (or just reply and let me know it's OK to contact you) and we'll get into more details.

Thank you all for the ongoing comments and info. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern while I keep an eye on ebay and cars.com (any other suggestions to keep an eye out?); as I believe others have suspected and commented, it seems like the prices for a Roadster are starting to come down a bit (or so it seems to me).

The earlier tip about ideal miles on a standard charge - I'm keeping an eye out for that as an indicator of battery status. And mostly focusing on getting other things done (who installs a solar system in the winter in Oregon??), so that when the right car does show up, I'm ready to move.

I'm also keeping in touch with the CPO folks, but I'm thinking that to hit my target of <$10k net to drive the Roadster between now and Model X, I'll have to go private on the front end or the back end (hopefully not both).