Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternate tire chains?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered tire chains for my 2018 S through Tesla's online shop a few weeks ago, and while they sent a shipping notice almost immediately, the package was never sent and they're now saying the item is on backorder. Are there any other tire chains I could buy that wouldn't damage my vehicle?

I drive across the Sierra Nevadas weekly for work, carrying chains during winter is kinda non-optional for me.

I ordered tire chains for my 2018 S through Tesla's online shop a few weeks ago, and while they sent a shipping notice almost immediately, the package was never sent and they're now saying the item is on backorder. Are there any other tire chains I could buy that wouldn't damage my vehicle?

I drive across the Sierra Nevadas weekly for work, carrying chains during winter is kinda non-optional for me.
Be very careful.
I’ve read plenty of horror stories on here about thousands of dollars in damage from using other chains that claimed to fit. As a result, I purchased them directly from Tesla.
You may be able to find a set at a service center.