Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well basically your using the rest of the solar ERs to hope they boost SPWR.
YGE and HSOL are tomorrow morning, then you have CSIQ on Wednesday, So i dont see any point holding past CSIQ's ER because there will not be anymore known news events to help you.
You need to figure out if you want to wait for all 3 ERs to happen and hope for the best out of them. Or wait until tomorrow morning and hope YGE and HSOL help you at all and ditch before CSIQ.
Or dump now if you think all three are going to hurt you.

Real Interesting watching JASO's action. Twice is ran through $12 and then hit heavy sell pressure and fell back fast. Lets see how this plays out. :)

JKS And CSIQ making new 52w Highs!

- - - Updated - - -

This CSIQ run is making me think about dumping my Jan14s calls to lock in these gains. Maybe to much run up before ER will lead to a drop, the ER would have to be stellar. And if it does i can roll this cash into Jan 15s

Last edited:
R
This CSIQ run is making me think about dumping my Jan14s calls to lock in these gains. Maybe to much run up before ER will lead to a drop, the ER would have to be stellar. And if it does i can roll this cash into Jan 15s

Yea I'm trying to figure out what to do too. I'm thinking about selling half my nov calls tomorrow. The thing is if tsl has a less than stellar report then it will likely effect csiq too.

Ya I figured. haha.
Well I dumped my Jan14s. I have taken to many hits this ER season and I couldn't risk another.

EDIT:
I actually moved some of that CSIQ into some SOL shares.
IF CSIQ takes a hit form ER on a sandbag or a miss due to the pre-announcement hype I will roll the rest of that cash into some LEAPS.

Last edited:
Sell, SPWR decided to drop after I asked which I think makes the decision to let it ride some. Low enough that the potential upside is greater than the downside at this point.

Conversely, with others (like CSIQ) doing so well I think it might be worth dumping before the series of ER's this week and rebuying long term options, LEAPS, or actual stock :) afterwards. If the stock movements of the solars are all as entangled as they seem, I'm not sure it makes sense to wait before each individual ER to choose to sell.

Do folks here recommend holding JASO long ? I am 18% up and wondering if I should exit pre ER, did that with JKS for a quick ~18%.

You're holding stock, correct? If you have stock Hold it, It is only going to become worth more over time.
Solar are long term buy and holds. The industry is just getting out of the bottom of the barrel and charging back. The big Solar players all still have the ability to double over the next year. The smaller ones could triple or more if they get back their feet.
It might fall after ER but by the end of 2014 it might have doubled over all.

May be breaking out of the bottom OR this http://www.cnbc.com/id/101187764
that helped spur the breakout.

You're holding stock, correct? If you have stock Hold it, It is only going to become worth more over time.
Solar are long term buy and holds. The industry is just getting out of the bottom of the barrel and charging back. The big Solar players all still have the ability to double over the next year. The smaller ones could triple or more if they get back their feet.
It might fall after ER but by the end of 2014 it might have doubled over all.

that helped spur the breakout.

Thanks, yes I'm holding stocks. I firmly believe in the solar segment hence investing, but when it comes to Chinese companies I am not too sure, mostly due to transparency and lack of information (perhaps lacking due diligence on that front). Therefore, I have been investing small amounts in players like JKS, JASO.. any recommendations on a strong stable solar player for long term would be most welcome... CSIQ for instance ?

SPWR, JKS, CSIQ are all industry leaders. TSL is coming in as strong 4th IMO
FirstSolar is a popular pick but due to their tech and business plan most here tend to ignore them.

SPWR has some new tech coming that will reduce material by 20% needs by as well as increase efficacy putting them well into the lead on technology. Which makes them a lifetime type of holding until they make some major business blunder

- - - Updated - - -

not gonna lie, JASO is making me look like a god today :)
(I have June Options and spreads)

Last edited:
I don't know that I'll have time this afternoon or tomorrow to watch the stocks I have Nov16th's on. I'm thinking I might set a trailing stop with a very small percentage. The goal is that if the stock keeps rising steadily, I'm good, but it'll sell fairly quickly should it turn south. The problem of course is it can easily trigger an sale on a minor dip, but since I'm considering getting out pre-earnings anyway on a few of the solars, that wouldn't be a horrible thing.

Stupid idea? Reasonable?

not gonna lie, JASO is making me look like a god today :)
(I have June Options and spreads)

Once again sleepy was spot on.... very impressive record so far. I've followed him on CSIQ and JASO and didn't follow with SCTY. So far so good.

I've only invested a tiny amount on JASO though....and just because they were lagging behind. I don't usually invest in companies without believing in their fundamentals.

GTOFFO - I limped in behind Sleepy for the past 6 months and today i sold my CSIQ JAN14s at a 500+% profit. If only i have the knowldge i do know that i did back then i would of put more then a few contracts on the line. This is why i jumped behind JASO with sleepy, heavily. Mine are JUNEs so i can hold them for a bit and see where this ride goes. I could make more or JASO could post a bad ER or two and i be back where i started. But if i learned anything from CSIQ, its to hold on when you have the time and let it play out. I could of made far more then i could of imagined if i would of stepped up behind CSIQ when i had the chance 3 months ago after the dip. (Jan $20s were going for $0.70, i just sold mine for $10.10, i should of doubled down at that point) I was ignorant back then and scared because i was in new territory with both learning options and learning about solar.

ckessel - Trailing stops are not going to help you. When solars move, they move fast. Now i dont know how much influence YGE and HSOL are going to have on SPWR and JKS, but if they both bomb tomorrow then i see this beautiful day we are having today get knocked back alot tomorrow. (Assuming the adage that solars trade together, although HSOL is not today, street already knows they are going to bomb tomorrow?) You could also see profit taking or a bad market day tomorrow as well.

Your NOV16 were a gamble when you bought them and they are a gamble now. Its going to be pure BS luck to get any major capitol back now. You need CSIQ, YGE and HSOL to all score big in the next two days. I just dont see that happening. No one here can tell you what tomorrow will bring. Its up to what you want to do and how you want to gamble the rest of it away.

EVERYONE -
Solar is going to be the leading Green Energy in this country and many others. Japan, US and Germany all exited Nuke power, and until they learn that its unsustainable to ignore nuke, they are going to toss money at solar like a rich, fat, ugly, drunk guy tossing $1s at a strip club. China is the biggest economy in the world now, and they are only continuing to get behind solar. Buy LEAPS, buy Stock, you will thank yourself in 10 years. They day Nuke power is back on the table for all these world powers, is the day i might start to maybe, possibly, think about pulling out of solar. Until then i am all in and will buy more on dips.

This is my Opinion, do your own research and due diligence.

Last edited:
Thanks fjm9898.

Just a curiosity question, does anyone know why JKS and JASO went bonkers today? Not that I'm complaining, but it's sure hard to find news (well, unless perhaps you read Chinese boards?). Hell, KNDI is up about the same double digit as well.