Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I am just speculating. No reason for SOL to be up this much. I am sure that there is insider trading going on in these Chinese stocks. The major stock price movements before major announcements leads me to believe that SOL will announce something soon.

It has a concrete steady angle up and keeps going since about 20 min after market open at the same slope ;) Not that I'm complaining, my Apr '14 calls are now ITM :)

It has a concrete steady angle up and keeps going since about 20 min after market open at the same slope ;) Not that I'm complaining, my Apr '14 calls are now ITM :)

At the rate it's going I will be retired as precisely 2:32pm EST - Just kidding. On a serious note though I have some extra cash coming in tomorrow and I was going to buy some SOL options; probably too late now.

Always nice to look at one's account and see green! I know there will be some red days also....but...two thoughts

1. Thanks sleepy for solar tip in general and CSIQ specifically

2. Only regret: Wish I had bought more :wink:

TSL also broke out and is forming the Cup i mentioned. TSL will probably run close to $20 and then stop dead there. (pending any positive or negative events)

The NASDAQ needs to get its S together today..... Tanking hard

TSL already broke out of its rounded bottom pattern at ~$12 which I pointed out in the article in my sig. I kind of the see the cup you are talking about and there is a good chance that some technical traders will think the same and TSL will drift sideways around $19. But the bigger cup will be formend once TSL hits $30, and if it breaks through that cup then it is off to the races. This is still a few months away so don't get too excited :)

Always nice to look at one's account and see green! I know there will be some red days also....but...two thoughts

Yeah, bet im not the only one thinking that. Im currently changing accounts to IB. I was also gonna set ALOT of my stocks into CSIQ and SOL options. Obv abit pissed today. Only oct calls I have is JASO.
Btw, you know Zacks.com raised SOL sleepy?

Yeah, bet im not the only one thinking that. Im currently changing accounts to IB. I was also gonna set ALOT of my stocks into CSIQ and SOL options. Obv abit pissed today. Only oct calls I have is JASO.
Btw, you know Zacks.com raised SOL sleepy?

I know, here it is:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/renesola-upped-strong-buy-193002516.html

"Zacks Investment Research upgraded ReneSola Ltd. (SOL) to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) on Oct 5, 2013."

I didn't see the stock going up 16% yesterday.

When they raised SPWR to Rank #1 (Strong Buy) it started tanking instead.

I don't know what Zacks does, but I think their research is very bad based on the CSIQ downgrade today to sell:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-canadian-solar-inc-csiq-103416452.html

I think they do more technical type research but they also have fundamental analysis in their research so I am not sure. I know that their fundamental research is really bad. Maybe they are good at technical research, I really don't know.

I was rich this morning. Was thinking of selling off because of government crap, but figured that when this passes, all the solar stocks will rally even harder. Now I'm back to what I was at Friday :mad:

I have a bunch of CSIQ, JASO, SOL, SPWR, and TSLA calls with Januaryish expiration. :)

Man...I hope I did not jinx us with my 'in the green' comment. Amazing what a couple hours and an 'f'd up' government can do.