Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 5x marker shows up when short selling is restricted. Not quite sure why it's 5x and what precisely it means, but I've also seen it on TSLA during the runup where shorting it was somehow strongly restricted. What I'm more curious about though is really what happened to SCTY that caused a regulatory trading halt on it. It's stuck at $37.34 for quite a while now and options show a red H0.00 with an alert icon next to their name that says:

"Trading is halted (regulatory halt)."

- - - Updated - - -

Also there's no news on the news section on SCTY since ca 1h after market open so that doesn't give any hints either...

- - - Updated - - -

Standard reasons for trading halts are circuit breakers (sudden down or up swing that is considered odd in such a short timeframe, shouldn't be the case here as it was flat before the halt) or news:

There are numerous reasons why a security or stock exchange could be halted.

A security may be halted because there is a news announcement forthcoming. For instance, XYZ may be announcing that they are going to be acquired by ABC, and their stock will be halted as this news disseminates.

The reason behind the halt? To give all investors ample opportunity to see and digest the news.

A bit late wouldn't you say? Wasn't that announced relatively early in the trading day, the halt came less than an hour before market close. It seemed to have restarted before close though and when I look at the graph it seems to have traded throughout so I'm a bit puzzled. The trading halt was on the options so maybe the options for SCTY were halted only? That'd be a first for me...