Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Mod Note: Updated thread title to reflect actual content/direction.

Popular opinion seems to be to keep this thread in the Investor sub-forum, the original connection between Solar City and Tesla was pretty clear and I guess that other alternative energy stocks were destined to slide in here. However, let's please not turn this into a completely open area where all and sundry is discussed. Thanks.

Mod Note: Updated thread title to reflect actual content/direction.

Popular opinion seems to be to keep this thread in the Investor sub-forum, the original connection between Solar City and Tesla was pretty clear and I guess that other alternative energy stocks were destined to slide in here. However, let's please not turn this into a completely open area where all and sundry is discussed. Thanks.

Hi NigelM - just a quick comment. "Alternative Energy" is quite broad (ie., wind, hydro, algae, nuclear, natural gas, etc). I'd rather have the thread named, "Solar Investor Discussions" to keep it focused on solar stocks.

Looks like the shorts are really piling into SPWR today. Might make for a very interesting day tomorrow. I checked my brokers website and it looks like they don't have any shares available to short (said you would have to borrow from external sources or something like that).

- - - Updated - - -

'Short' Checklist for SPWR:

Steady Revenue Growth - check
Positive margin expansion - check
Fast EPS growth - check
One of the fastest growing companies - check
In the fastest growing industry in the world - check
Has a knack for crushing analyst estimates - check
Stabilizing Average Selling Prices around the world - check
Eu-China negotiated deal will make SPWR more competitive in EU - check
Analyst just upgraded SPWR yesterday - check
"Huge" second half financially coming up - check
CEO says "demand in America has been phenomenally good" - check
North America makes up over 70% of SPWR business - check
30% of Public float already shorted - check
Set up for a huge short squeeze - check

Looks like the "perfect" short candidate to me:wink:

Edit: I am going to go on record and make a prediction here: Shorts are going to get crushed tomorrow and throughout the next week.

Looks like the shorts are really piling into SPWR today. Might make for a very interesting day tomorrow. I checked my brokers website and it looks like they don't have any shares available to short (said you would have to borrow from external sources or something like that).

- - - Updated - - -

'Short' Checklist for SPWR:

Steady Revenue Growth - check
Positive margin expansion - check
Fast EPS growth - check
One of the fastest growing companies - check
In the fastest growing industry in the world - check
Has a knack for crushing analyst estimates - check
Stabilizing Average Selling Prices around the world - check
Eu-China negotiated deal will make SPWR more competitive in EU - check
Analyst just upgraded SPWR yesterday - check
"Huge" second half financially coming up - check
CEO says "demand in America has been phenomenally good" - check
North America makes up over 70% of SPWR business - check
30% of Public float already shorted - check
Set up for a huge short squeeze - check

Looks like the "perfect" short candidate to me:wink:

Edit: I am going to go on record and make a prediction here: Shorts are going to get crushed tomorrow and throughout the next week.

Sleepy,

Agree with your checklist wholeheartedly..let's hope the market see its that way as well. BTW, have you done any more research on sunedision (SUNE), which reports on August 7 before the market opens...it looks promising based on several articles I have read, although I have not done extensive leg work on it.

Sleepy,

Agree with your checklist wholeheartedly..let's hope the market see its that way as well. BTW, have you done any more research on sunedision (SUNE), which reports on August 7 before the market opens...it looks promising based on several articles I have read, although I have not done extensive leg work on it.

I have not done much research on SUNE. I have also read a few articles about it and they were all positive. It sounds like a sleeper pick to me; nobobdy is talking about it, yet it is growing nicely. I have not done enough research to buy it though.