Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I loaded up on solar today with some TSLA as well. These stocks are just not trading on fundamentals and I think that the market will shortly catch up to these stocks.

I threw everything I had and the kitchen sink. I am fairly confident in solar and it has to go up. The only question is when will the market finally figure this out? It is hard to say and that is why stock is still the best bet. Options are very risky here.

Do your own due diligence before investing. I invested based on my own due diligence and not based on anyone else's opinion. Since my research on the solar industry is limited to only the spare time that I get between work, family, kids, golf, yoga, gym, and watching TV; I might have missed some very important things about the solar industry.

Happy investing.

I loaded up on solar today with some TSLA as well. These stocks are just not trading on fundamentals and I think that the market will shortly catch up to these stocks.

I threw everything I had and the kitchen sink. I am fairly confident in solar and it has to go up. The only question is when will the market finally figure this out? It is hard to say and that is why stock is still the best bet. Options are very risky here.

Do your own due diligence before investing. I invested based on my own due diligence and not based on anyone else's opinion. Since my research on the solar industry is limited to only the spare time that I get between work, family, kids, golf, yoga, gym, and watching TV; I might have missed some very important things about the solar industry.

Happy investing.

Considering current IV of tsla and solar, did you go with Straight calls or bull call spreads?

Something is up with CSIQ today. I usually dont care about pre-market but 2k volume already at 19.90? Usually no trades that early on CSIQ. It also seems like China has bigger growth then what we think. If there is news today, I do hope the politicians agree soon, so this party can begin.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-central-bank-says-2013-043902329.html

I think for this year we're going to have certainly above 7.5 percent growth rate," Yi was reported by Xinhua to have said in Washington. "Maybe 7.6 percent (or) something like that."
"After cooling in 12 of the past 14 quarters, China's economy is finally showing signs of stabilization, helped in part by government measures to shore up growth, including lowering taxes for small firms and quickening infrastructure spending.
Growth in exports, which had slumped last year, is also picking up on a firmer U.S. economy."

Last edited:
I have Oct 32.50 calls that I bought back halfway through September. Obviously I'm very happy right now :) thing is, should I hold for another week or so, or take profits and run?

Because of the political climate I would sell on opening. Im holding the chinese because of the good news from china today. Offcourse the politicians could come to an agreement today or this weekend, I think they know they should

SCTY is up 11% in pre market with a lot of news.........so glad I sold all of my stock at 39$... !!! Argh

This is the kind of news that usually sparks a longer term rally. You can still get back in at $41, you did not miss out on much - only 5%.

SPWR buy point at $28.25 on high volume. Looks like SPWR formed a 10 week cup with handle pattern and is poised for another breakout as soon as today:

SunPower's Shares Breakout Fails, But Stock Trying Again SPWR - Investors.com

I see a mention of a SCTY secondary with Musk buying shares but not seeing an official announcement?
SolarCity ups offering to 3.4M shares, Musk, CEO to buy shares - Yahoo Finance

This is old news. All they did is upped the number of shares. Probably an over allotment option.

I am not recommending SCTY, because it is a black box and I have no idea what it is worth. But if I really liked SCTY, I would be getting in today after they announced 2014 installations at 500MW.