Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was expecting more then 5% seeing how they surprised and were even profitable, didnt even hit the 52week high on the spike up. odd price movement today. We will have to wait and see how it plays out as people might think its already priced right for the ER? Or the market still needs time to figure TSL out?

Last edited:
If you are trying to figure out why the solar sector trades the way it does then good luck.

Buy and hold is the only weapon you have against the market makers in the solar sector. You are fighting an uphill battle if you are trading in an out of positions or looking for short-term profits. You have to be patient and ignore the day to day volatility.

I really don't think the solar performance today has anything to do with TSL's ER. If that was the case TSL would not have been up as much as it was. Like sleepy said, this is just the way things go with solars. He's been tracking them for awhile so I'm sure he knows what hes talking about ;)

So funny. I had a very small earnings play (puts) on TSL. Sold those a couple days ago and replaced them with December calls instead after doing some long hard research on earnings, and thinking they would be profitable. I guess that was the wrong short term move! Oh well, 90% of my money is in stock and leaps.

Still really irritating. I guess being profitable is no big deal. I really believe in Solar... but TSLA at 130 is looking might juicy atm. I hate being young and broke.

In the short time (1 year or so) if have been following solar, it seems stock movement in relation to earnings reports are very unpredictable short term (ie first 3-4 days). After a week or so the market seems to get it right. So, Jhall, while I could be completely wrong, I would hold onto any short term call's for December for TSL.

So funny. I had a very small earnings play (puts) on TSL. Sold those a couple days ago and replaced them with December calls instead after doing some long hard research on earnings, and thinking they would be profitable. I guess that was the wrong short term move! Oh well, 90% of my money is in stock and leaps.

Still really irritating. I guess being profitable is no big deal. I really believe in Solar... but TSLA at 130 is looking might juicy atm. I hate being young and broke.

Join the club, haha. I'm limited by portfolio size on how many companies I can realistically invest in. I have to keep it to 4 solars, which is about 2 less than I'd like :rolleyes:.

And how was your move the wrong one? Your research found the truth about TSL. They were indeed profitable this past quarter. Theres still time for your calls to gain back :) . The market is just being irrational today it seems.

I have a few bucks on the side. I am not ready to buy until the NSADAQ shows its ready to make a run for 4000 again. Its working on a 2% pullback right now if today continues and if it goes below 3900 then i dont know what to think.
Also that negative article on Chinese solar plant spending obviously has solars in a spook. If the negativity continues and NASDAQ continues to fall, could be a long ride down.

Last edited: