Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been posted, I may have missed it, but does anyone know when CSIQ earnings is?

Earnings calendar | The Contrarian Investor Discussion Board

- - Updated - - -

Updating to include original content:

As far as I know, the best place to watch for Solar earnings releases will be on this thread. You can easily see which earnings have been confirmed by the original poster. I use NASDAQ.com to independently verify any dates of course, but unless you find the date on the companies IR webpage, you can never be 100% sure, at least in my experience. It appears that CSIQ reported March 11th of last year, and NASDAQ says March 10th for 2014.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been posted, I may have missed it, but does anyone know when CSIQ earnings is?

Canadian Solar (CSIQ) is March 11th.

(Don't mind the links to other sites from time to time, but sheez, just post the information if it takes less space than the link itself.)

- - - Updated - - -

CORRECTION: That was the 2013 date. The 2014 date is not posted yet.

Ahh yes, I will admit you are right Bonnie. Just a slightly better constructed response on my part would yield much better fruit overall.

Instead of just spamming, as I am afraid I have started to do, I would like to know what people feel about the solars right now overall. This is largely a buy and hold community, but right as the market correction started I sold all options I had, in anything, since I knew not where the market would take us. Does anyone have a plan for loading up before all the earnings, on anything riskier than just shares? I have had good success in buying calls before earnings, capturing the traditional pre-earnings run-up, and then selling right before market close on the day of.

Does anyone have a plan for loading up before all the earnings, on anything riskier than just shares? I have had good success in buying calls before earnings, capturing the traditional pre-earnings run-up, and then selling right before market close on the day of.

I've kind of been hoping for a run up before earnings as that's been typical but who knows with everything going on as of late.

Does anyone have a plan for loading up before all the earnings, on anything riskier than just shares? I have had good success in buying calls before earnings, capturing the traditional pre-earnings run-up, and then selling right before market close on the day of.

In addition to current SCTY, CSIQ, SPWR LEAPS
1) Added LEAPS positions to SPWR (J16 $40)
2) Added Feb $34 Calls on SPWR for ER run
3) Converted all JASO to J16 $12 and $20 LEAPS
4) Tomorrow will convert all JKS to J16 $40 LEAPS

Except the SPWR Feb calls though these are all ding to buy and hold positions (except for stoke roll ups when called for). Generally I was already 80% in on my solar allotment - so I used this market pullback gift to fill up. The market taketh away, so it's time to give it more opportunity to giveth

I get that, but it's typically considered 'not good manners' to take people off the forum to find the answers. Post the answer AND give the link would be better :).

I think the point was so that people did not need to ask the question several times. Also, there was no answear there eighter. The reason I listed last years ER was to show people that the chinese have their ER in March and April. This way people can buy the calls for the correct months.

Okay, let me be blunt (though I'm not the moderator for this section): TMC has many instances of people trying to use this site and large user base to grow their own website by attempting to use this site to drive traffic to theirs.

You guys have been fine, you haven't gotten warnings from the moderators (that I know of, anyway) to cool it -- but we need to provide an even playing field. Just posting links to go to the site with no other information falls under 'not cool'. So I was trying to ask nicely to at least provide information on the post so that people do not need to follow the link if they do not need to do so.

Again, this is about treating everyone equally. You guys have been great. But I think you can see that if everyone with another website came on TMC and answered questions by just posting a link to their website, it would be unacceptable. Post some information with the link that is helpful. Give the post some meaning. That's all I was asking.

Bleah, once again my timing sucks. I'd emptied most of my solar positions at year end for tax purposes and had a delay getting back into things in January (kid's tuition bills due and such), then got back in about 2 weeks ago on what looked like a good dip. And...things have sunk quite handily since.

Except CSIQ, which has done stellar since I first glanced at solars in Oct last year, and of course is the one solar I haven't had or had very small holdings. Despite trying to diversify with multiple solars, I managed to avoid the one that'd break the whole thing even.

Ah well, much is stock and LEAPs this time around, so it'll come back eventually, but I keep managing to buy right before big declines.

Bonnie: I did not post the link, but I think the point was that he showed you the date from last year. I agree that there should be a comment as well. However I think an earnings calendar is very useful as people tend to think that google and yahoos dates are accurate and not just wild guesses. We could have had it here aswell, but I like the fact that we are all TSLA here, except for this thread.

And btw, here is some good news for Solar:

European parliament votes for stronger climate targets

European parliament votes for stronger climate targets | Environment | theguardian.com

Bleah, once again my timing sucks. I'd emptied most of my solar positions at year end for tax purposes and had a delay getting back into things in January (kid's tuition bills due and such), then got back in about 2 weeks ago on what looked like a good dip. And...things have sunk quite handily since.

Except CSIQ, which has done stellar since I first glanced at solars in Oct last year, and of course is the one solar I haven't had or had very small holdings. Despite trying to diversify with multiple solars, I managed to avoid the one that'd break the whole thing even.

Ah well, much is stock and LEAPs this time around, so it'll come back eventually, but I keep managing to buy right before big declines.

In this irrational WS-controlled market, you might as well just day trade. I could have made easy money buying at 10:30 ET and selling now or probably at the end of the day. Obviously, I didn't. Buy and hold is getting pretty hurtful. Anyway, nothing has changed fundamentally. I just wish I could just get rid of my JASO calls with less loss. Come on wake up, JASO!

I have said this before, but JASO is a long term play (6-12 months minimum) and you will most likely lose money on any short term options plays with this one. Unless of course you buy some Feb. $9 calls like I did this a.m. at $0.29. The stock will be held back as long as possible due to outstanding warrants that expire in tranches with strikes at $9.43 in mid Feb and mid May and then a series B warrant at $10.90. Even though there is reason to keep the stock below $9.43, there is no incentive to drive it down as low as possible, and that is why I bought those call options.

There is a strong incentive to hold the price under $9.43 until the latter part of next week; after that it might go up or not.

JASO will need very strong ER's to go up a lot. I though that their last ER was "good" and a move in the right direction; I liked everything I heard on CC. But the market punished the stock, because nobody follows that company and it is very easy to manipulate that stock. JASO will need a couple of quarters with strong positive earnings before people take notice.

It may take a long while for JASO to start moving, but when it does it will be swift and violent. And if the company continues losing money in 2014, then the stock will stay in the single digits for a long time.

I have said this before, but JASO is a long term play (6-12 months minimum) and you will most likely lose money on any short term options plays with this one. Unless of course you buy some Feb. $9 calls like I did this a.m. at $0.29. The stock will be held back as long as possible due to outstanding warrants that expire in tranches with strikes at $9.43 in mid Feb and mid May and then a series B warrant at $10.90. Even though there is reason to keep the stock below $9.43, there is no incentive to drive it down as low as possible, and that is why I bought those call options.

There is a strong incentive to hold the price under $9.43 until the latter part of next week; after that it might go up or not.

JASO will need very strong ER's to go up a lot. I though that their last ER was "good" and a move in the right direction; I liked everything I heard on CC. But the market punished the stock, because nobody follows that company and it is very easy to manipulate that stock. JASO will need a couple of quarters with strong positive earnings before people take notice.

It may take a long while for JASO to start moving, but when it does it will be swift and violent. And if the company continues losing money in 2014, then the stock will stay in the single digits for a long time.

My only other option with JASO is an $8Jan16: OK there. I also hold stock. My only 'red' solars are JASO and my small position in SOL that I refuse to part with.....just to see what happens

I bought some JASO Feb $8 calls during the dip last week for $0.97, which I expect will break even at the minimum and I don't mind that it's sitting around $8.7-$8.9 right now, it's not much of a loss. I do have a ton of JASO 2015 $10 calls that I've slowly averaged down to a cost basis of $3. Those are my longer term play for JASO.

I think today's job report was chewed on as a neutral to slightly positive sign hence we recovered from the massive losses earlier today, especially in Solar. I think we will see a massive rally in Solar right around Sunpower's ER next week if the market is still neutral-ish. Things should only get better with Chinese solar preannouncements which could come as early as next week, if history is to repeat itself. I am still shooting for CSIQ to reach $50 mark before March is over.