Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the market reaction knee jerk or what did they miss? I mean the only thing I see is that the GAAP results and full outlook etc will be given in 1 week. Everything else looks ok, no? This then means buying opportunity? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, releasing the GAAP and full 2014 guidance and 2013 results in one week may be another strong indicator for Gigafactory JV with Tesla...

Should be an interesting CC, delaying GAAP results for 1 week & holding another CC will have investors & analysts on edge.

First TM has us on edge with the Gigafactory not being part of the original ER. Now SCTY holding back info for another week. This is going to be very interesting and if you guess right a good opportunity to make a few dollars.

I would think there are more people playing OTM Puts and calls for this week. If the stock stays flat everyone on either end loses as the IV crush hits. I dont see how to many people could be betting on it staying flat through an ER..

For every bought call or put there is a seller...

- - - Updated - - -

SCTY doesn't release full results because of possible GigaFactory involvement? TM provided results just fine.

I think the stationary storage deal with Tesla might be the holdoff and Tesla wants to release those numbers as part of the gigafactory announcement and that affects SCTY guidance possibly. They gave vague guidance on panel installations etc, but no mention of storage as far as I read.

*shrug*, I'm fine with a flat ER. At the last minute I decided to sell a put figuring the gigafactory announcement was likely good for SCTY. If nothing happens, my sold puts simply expire and I pocket it. I'm good with that.

For every bought call or put there is a seller...
This is true but i see that as more of owners of a stock hedging through and ER. Not purely an ER play. But hey cant blame them for making a bit of cash off their positions. My condolences to all those who played weekly Calls. Dont think anyone saw this coming. I stayed away purely on the IV being to high to stomach.