Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative side Mirror glass options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to eventually follow-up with my infamous Model 3 initial impression post from earlier in the year. But before I do, I wanted to inquire about any side mirror options. For all my prior German cars (BMW, VW, etc.) you could get an OEM European equivalent version of the mirror glass with the dual-contour/convex glass to help eliminate the terrible blind spot, especially on the driver side. Does anyone know of any similar solutions for the Model 3?

My driving position is such that my right arm hides the portion of the blind spot warning on the monitor, so I can't rely on that much not to mention the bad form of having to look right (monitor) to go left (I wish there was just a little illuminating light on the d/s mirror). I've already put an "old person mirror" on top of the ridiculously miniature rear view mirror, so I'm eyeballing the side mirror in case technology eventually fails me.

Has anyone had any luck? Is it hard to swap out that mirror, even if I found a suitable replacement? Thanks.

Reactions: szlats
After 3 near collisions at the same high speed highway merge, each time using side mirrors & monitor image, I saw no oncoming car. Read on TMC that other Model 3 owners with same problem changed out the mirrors but that Tesla doesn't make them. I purchased correct aftermarket convex mirrors but Tesla service won't install if not Tesla brand. What can I do?

Seconded, ordered the Suma Performance mirrors. They are great.

very easy to instal, like literally 5 minutes. Have been faultless. I got the non blue ones as I have window tint already and didn’t want them to be too dark at night.

Weirdly, took me a little bit to get my eyes used to seeing a much wider field of view but my eyes adjusted and it’s much much better now.