Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am at a loss: is the $2k FSD offer going away on Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One way to interpret "hw3 upgrade only for previous buyers of FSD, but not for new" could be if new cars now coming off the line already have hw3 so no upgrade will be necessary.
Given that the software isn't "feature complete" yet, perhaps everyone is "in the same boat" right now in terms of features, but once the hw3 dependent FSD comes out then they would need to start offering upgrades to cars that didn't already have hw3. So maybe they are trying to hint that some buyers of new vehicles may not need any hardware upgrades without being too specific. Maybe they don't want buyers to be demanding an hw3 equipped car right now, and want to be able to deliver older cars without resistance?

Does anyone know of any way to tell if a Model 3 already has hw3 installed?

The report is nothing is shipping with HW3 and they don’t expect anything with for ‘months’

Hmmm, it's past monday and the price is still $2k for me for FSD. . . . .

If you don't have a twitter, they posted an updated on Monday

Screen Shot.png

Twitter Link: Tesla on Twitter

View attachment 388536
This rationale might make a little sense for a vehicle purchase but for a simple after sale purchase of FSD, it is pure nonsense. What the Monday deadline did was shut up Fred and others who tweeted Musk upset that the price of FSD vaporware was cut.

View attachment 388536

So many people were ordering FSD that they had to extend the deadline by 48 hours?

Are we really expected to believe that?

I'm actually half tempted to order it given this is the lowest I will probably ever see it advertised for (I have the original EAP and also paid the maximum price for my Performance when it was the "P3D+"). It seems like a good way to buy some future proofing and getting HW3 when it's available.

Why yes I can. Days before my powerwall install after waiting 6 months for it and having tons of appointments and permits they called to say they didn’t have any and I would have to wait into the following year, but I was on the list and when they had one we would have to start everything all over again.The salesman then blocked my number so I couldn’t contact him. They do this sort of stuff to customers all the time.

So the electrician went and pulled permits without having everything needed for the install. Did they just make up dates for the install out of thin air?