Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AM/FM Radio [Japan]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interpreting your post that your friend has a Japanese market Model 3 in Malaysia. If that’s the case you should know that Tesla build their cars for the specific market and don’t assist with moving them to different markets in most cases.
I do know that Hong Kong located TMC member @electricboat can help with changing maps and perhaps with the radio frequency too.
I would connect via WiFi to a suitable phone and use TuneIn to play your desired radio stations As the Tesla AM FM tuners are not the best IMHO.

I am interpreting your post that your friend has a Japanese market Model 3 in Malaysia. If that’s the case you should know that Tesla build their cars for the specific market and don’t assist with moving them to different markets in most cases.
I do know that Hong Kong located TMC member @electricboat can help with changing maps and perhaps with the radio frequency too.
I would connect via WiFi to a suitable phone and use TuneIn to play your desired radio stations As the Tesla AM FM tuners are not the best IMHO.
Thank you for your explanation on the specific market that Tesla makes them for. But using the Bluetooth will still be fine i presume right? Yeap, I'll also try to reach your recommendation of contact in TMC Members.

Thank you for your explanation on the specific market that Tesla makes them for. But using the Bluetooth will still be fine i presume right? Yeap, I'll also try to reach your recommendation of contact in TMC Members.
Sorry yes, Bluetooth will stream through the audio system and you can also connect the car via WiFi to your phone to support software updates and navigation assuming you can get the map information installed.

Thank you for the clarification, but i can't get reach with @electricboat not sure where to private message him though
Click on this highlighted link for @electricboat and in the resulting pop-up box click the Start a Conversation button.
As you have only 5 posts this feature may not yet be available to you. Once your posting history increases the feature will unlock.