Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Editing config options on 2014 S85 (MCU2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a 2014 Model S 85 am trying to retrofit Homelink. Early Model S in Australia did not include Homelink, but later cars did.

I asked Tesla for a quote to supply and install the correct module, but they said no. So, I bought and installed a used Homelink module on eBay and tried to book a service for them to enable it, and they also said no. I thought it was my car, but apparently Tesla thinks they still own it? :)

I've done a little Googling and my current understanding is that the Homelink option is not 'protected', so I just need to modify my car's config to enable it. Here are some more details:

* My car has had the MCU2 retrofit installed, and is running the latest firmware.
* I can get into service mode using the 'service' key word in the car's menus.
* I have a FakraHSD to Ethernet cable.
* I'm quite IT savvy so a few quick pointers should get me on the right track.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be incredibly appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

Bonus question - Prior to the MCU2 retrofit, I had AM+FM radio. As part of the MCU2 retrofit, I added the optional tuner upgrade and now have FM only. Is there a DIY upgrade path to FM+DAB? I was a little surprised that the $700 tuner option didn't include DAB to match the newer cars.