Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I crazy to put these tires on 21" Arachnids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hankook iON EVO AS they make them in a staggered set 245/35/21 and 265/35/21. I have not found any reviews of them other than the Model 3 guys talking about them and a Youtube video of a guy in Snow saying they are great. I am in Florida and don't plan to leave, so I don't need all seasons, but they have a much higher treadwear rating so I am hoping for a harder, longer lasting tire. I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on now, and they are great but wear out really quick. I know I will loose out on performance so it seems kind of silly putting them on a P100DL, but I am willing to sacrifice a little tire slip 0-60 if I could get double the tire life. Discount Tire

Hankook iON EVO AS they make them in a staggered set 245/35/21 and 265/35/21. I have not found any reviews of them other than the Model 3 guys talking about them and a Youtube video of a guy in Snow saying they are great. I am in Florida and don't plan to leave, so I don't need all seasons, but they have a much higher treadwear rating so I am hoping for a harder, longer lasting tire. I have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on now, and they are great but wear out really quick. I know I will loose out on performance so it seems kind of silly putting them on a P100DL, but I am willing to sacrifice a little tire slip 0-60 if I could get double the tire life. Discount Tire
Well they come with a 50k mile warranty. I could see them honoring the warranty over piss poor Michelin. We all know no tires on these MS are lasting 50k miles

I did it..they don't look as "sporty" as the Michelin PSS, but are quieter and have good rim protection. I have only driven about 20 miles, but the handling does not seem dramatically different.

Attachments

• IMG_9917.JPG
    IMG_9917.JPG
    550.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_9918.JPG
    IMG_9918.JPG
    671.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9919.JPG
    IMG_9919.JPG
    519.1 KB · Views: 75
I have the Hankook iON on my Model X (265+285/35/22) and are very happy with them. Super quiet and good handling. I would recommend them.
I bought all 4 tires from TiresNationOutlet.com and the order was executed promptly. They have the best price I could find on the internet.

Reactions: uscgreel