Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only one with a (nearly) flawless overall experience??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing people report that they have 0 issues with their Model 3’s I wonder if anyone else here has the rear seats ac vents issue (air comes out warmer than front vents)? SC report states it’s a known issue, with no fix at this time. Wondering if this is widespread across all Model 3’s?

I'm super jealous. I waited until it seemed like quality was fixed and everyone was getting perfect cars.

The cautious strategy is always to wait for a new model to have been around for a while before buying, so that bugs can be worked out. I ignored this advice both for my 2004 Prius and for my First Production Model 3. In both cases my reasoning was that lost time is never recovered, and I didn't want to lose time that I could be driving the new car. In the case of the Prius, my old car (1989 Civic) didn't have air bags or anti-lock brakes, so I was ready for a new car, and I was fascinated by the technology, and I had a lot of confidence in the company. Placed my order in November of 2003 and got the car in January of 2004. Three or four months later, the waiting list had grown so long that my local dealership was no longer accepting orders. So I'd made the right decision. I never had any trouble with the car.

In the case of the Model 3 I wanted EAP, and although I also wanted AWD and P, I didn't want to wait another six months to a year for the car. I've had no trouble with it, and now that I live here, AWD would be pointless and P would be even more so.

So in both cases I was glad I didn't wait for them to "get the bugs out." Tesla is a less reliable brand than either Honda or Toyota, but percentage-wise, the least reliable cars today are far more reliable than the most reliable cars were when I began driving.

Seeing people report that they have 0 issues with their Model 3’s I wonder if anyone else here has the rear seats ac vents issue (air comes out warmer than front vents)? SC report states it’s a known issue, with no fix at this time. Wondering if this is widespread across all Model 3’s?
I'm seeing this on my 2018 M3P+. Rear air is always warmer that front air. The wife and I will be quite confortable up front but kids in back are complaining that it's hot. I just turn rear air off and direct the colder front air up towards the roof and this helps to cool that rear of the car.