Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only one with a (nearly) flawless overall experience??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP is not alone. I ordered in April, got the car in May, and everything has been flawless. Delivery, condition, driving, etc. So far, it's the best car buying/ownership experience I have ever had.

Well, OK. The new dashcam feature in v9 isn't working for me. But then, it wasn't part of the car when I ordered it either, so I didn't expect it to start with.

My experience has been great, no complaints and no issues. Model 3 is the best, smartest, and safest car out there. When people have problems, they tend to flock to the forums. Reading about problems and bad experiences on internet forums shouldn't be a surprise. The logic is that people who have no issues (hundreds of thousands out there), are too busy having fun and enjoying their cars. So you naturally read less about them, as they are not sitting at home hitting refresh on their account page, hitting send/receive waiting for the delivery confirmation, or sitting on the phone waiting to talk to someone.

Reactions: 1deepthink
My experience has been great, no complaints and no issues. Model 3 is the best, smartest, and safest car out there. When people have problems, they tend to flock to the forums. Reading about problems and bad experiences on internet forums shouldn't be a surprise. The logic is that people who have no issues (hundreds of thousands out there), are too busy having fun and enjoying their cars. So you naturally read less about them, as they are not sitting at home hitting refresh on their account page, hitting send/receive waiting for the delivery confirmation, or sitting on the phone waiting to talk to someone.

Yup, forums are for people seeking advice or to wail at an issue. Because i can't drive my m3 all day, this is the only thing that keeps me sane at work. Talking about m3 on breaks. haha

Well...not exactly alone.;) Troy's survey indicates 84% 4 and 5 Star ratings for paint, 89% for panel fit, and 94% for interior. That's still a ways from where I believe Tesla should be and will ultimately end up. That being said, I'm very sympathetic to those that haven't had as smooth a run. I'm just hoping the forum can include the good news as well so we don't inadvertently make things more difficult for Tesla.

Wow, I'm really jealous of everyone who have had a flawless purchase experience. I think the further away from 9/30 people received their cars the greater the chance of this happening. Or I just got screwed.
Add me to the list of people who had a nearly flawless experience. One minor issue not even worth mentioning. I feel bad for those who have had troubles but hope it gets resolved as the car is awesome.

• Love
I wouldn't say mine was flawless, but it's about as close as I could hope for. Delivery went smooth, there was some chipped paint on the hood, which was repainted less than a week later, and it came out looking fantastic. I have 3, what I would consider to be, minor issues. 3 of the black rubber door seals have small bulges in them. The glove box has a strange spring sound when it opens, reminds me of attic ladders when you open them up. Finally the steering wheel makes an odd sound when turning, mostly when I first start driving. It sounds like a donkey bray. I have an appointment this Saturday for those issues, hopefully it won't take long to fix. I got the car on Oct. 6th, so if those issues can be taken care of, that would be a good turn around in my opinion of taking care of the issues.

I wouldn't say mine was flawless, but it's about as close as I could hope for. Delivery went smooth, there was some chipped paint on the hood, which was repainted less than a week later, and it came out looking fantastic. I have 3, what I would consider to be, minor issues. 3 of the black rubber door seals have small bulges in them. The glove box has a strange spring sound when it opens, reminds me of attic ladders when you open them up. Finally the steering wheel makes an odd sound when turning, mostly when I first start driving. It sounds like a donkey bray. I have an appointment this Saturday for those issues, hopefully it won't take long to fix. I got the car on Oct. 6th, so if those issues can be taken care of, that would be a good turn around in my opinion of taking care of the issues.

My car was delivered dirty, scratched, chipped and scuffed in addition to the usual paint defects that pretty much all manufacturers have if you look close enough. It also had water damage on the trunk liner. I ignored most of the defects trying to have realistic expectations given that it is Tesla, but there was a trim piece that was scratched and a paint defect that needed attention. I also chose to address these particular issues because they should have been "easy," with a low chance of causing other issues and didn't require blending of any panels.

Took it to service who promptly dented one of the few flawless panels I had on my car.

I have to be honest. I loved my Model S for 2 years, but if they gave me the option, I would just get a refund on my 3. I'm a month post delivery, have driven 200 miles and the hassle of this experience has sucked all the enjoyment out of it. The experience for a car of this price has been abysmal.

OP is not alone. I ordered in April, got the car in May, and everything has been flawless. Delivery, condition, driving, etc. So far, it's the best car buying/ownership experience I have ever had.

I recently sold that one and bought a new one.

I ordered Oct 31, and got the car on Nov 7. The car was delivered to my house, at the time specified down to the minute. The car was clean, I couldn't find any flaws (aside from a greasy handprint or something in the back seat), and all the paperwork was in order. And boy, is it fun to drive. (P3D)

Another awesome experience.

I recently sold that one and bought a new one.

I ordered Oct 31, and got the car on Nov 7. The car was delivered to my house, at the time specified down to the minute. The car was clean, I couldn't find any flaws (aside from a greasy handprint or something in the back seat), and all the paperwork was in order. And boy, is it fun to drive. (P3D)

Another awesome experience.
Impressive resume in the signature @ChadS ! Thanks for sharing!

Ha @ngogas! My wife and I have had the same conversation! I ran a 100 amp circuit to the garage in anticipation of that conversation to accommodate another HPWC. BTW, if you see a blue one driving near the capitol that’s probably me. :)

Sorry to hijack this thread, but depending on the wire that you ran to the garage, you may only be able to charge at a total of 72Amps on that circuit. I might recommend using a 90A breaker just to be safe. I did the same thing but switched to a 90A breaker after doing more research. I set both cars to charge at 36Amps which is still plenty fast for me.

Maybe not flawless, but I'm completely satisfied. Car was delivered with the tire pressure monitoring system showing a warning because it was not configured right, but when mobile service comes to my house and fixes it in 20 minutes how can I complain? Never had a better car service experience. Regen is lowered when it gets cold - that's physics and a feature to protect a cold battery from being damaged by high charge current. I love the car and look forward to driving it every chance I get. A coworker asked me to make her son's dream come true by giving him a ride in my Tesla. The lady at the DMV got excited about getting to do a VIN inspection on a Tesla. It's fast, it's fun, made in America and get's me around with less damage to the planet than a lot of other options.

I just got mine this morning, delivered to my house. No major issues, closely looked at the paint and basic alignments, no issues. The gentlemen who dropped it off took his time to answer every question and was knowledgeable. Unfortunately, EAP was not on the car despite being on the sticker and paid for. That caused some confusion on whether or not it could be fixed over the air, whether a mobile tech could do it or whether I should drive to the Service Center. I opted to go to the Service Center which seemed about as confused and said they needed to open a ticket and then have someone in California process it and send an over-the-air; then another guy said it needed to be on the shop's Wi-Fi. Nobody had their story straight, so the guy explains he'll open the ticket, someone in California will process it and I might have to come back. He said nobody there had access to re-programming and it required special privileges (presumably to not allow anyone to give this stuff away for free). While that conversation was taking place, a random Tesla guy was standing next to him, who had commented since arriving moments earlier. He listened to the back and forth and once I was like, "Ok, let's hope this sorts itself out.", he said, "Is the car here, I just sent the signal down, we can go check it out, but it might take a while." Literally, walked over to the car, he went to the Autopilot screen and all the Enhanced stuff was there.

So in reality, easily solved but the advisor guy had no clue. I was surprised the tech guy just stood there and let the guy dig a grave when he had literally fixed it in 5 seconds by just taking a peek at the last 5 digits of the VIN. So great that it was so easily and quickly fixed (on any other car I'm sure it'd take hours), but also a bit disorganized.

Outside of that, flawless experience thus far.

Reactions: BobAbooey
Unfortunately, EAP was not on the car despite being on the sticker and paid for. That caused some confusion on whether or not it could be fixed over the air, whether a mobile tech could do it or whether I should drive to the Service Center. I opted to go to the Service Center which seemed about as confused and said they needed to open a ticket and then have someone in California process it and send an over-the-air; then another guy said it needed to be on the shop's Wi-Fi. Nobody had their story straight, so the guy explains he'll open the ticket, someone in California will process it and I might have to come back. He said nobody there had access to re-programming and it required special privileges (presumably to not allow anyone to give this stuff away for free). While that conversation was taking place, a random Tesla guy was standing next to him, who had commented since arriving moments earlier. He listened to the back and forth and once I was like, "Ok, let's hope this sorts itself out.", he said, "Is the car here, I just sent the signal down, we can go check it out, but it might take a while." Literally, walked over to the car, he went to the Autopilot screen and all the Enhanced stuff was there.

So in reality, easily solved but the advisor guy had no clue. I was surprised the tech guy just stood there and let the guy dig a grave when he had literally fixed it in 5 seconds by just taking a peek at the last 5 digits of the VIN. So great that it was so easily and quickly fixed (on any other car I'm sure it'd take hours), but also a bit disorganized.

Outside of that, flawless experience thus far.
Just remember it takes about 50 miles of driving before EAP can start steering for you. It has to tune itself for quite a while.