Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AM radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i recently purchased my MS85 from a private seller. I did not test out the AM radio. After i got home, I tried some of the local AM station without any success. I tried researching and finding a solution to no avail. I tried contacting Tesla Support but they said it was a common problem and that i should just use the streaming service.

So my questions are: Is it a common problem in the MS (i know it has come up with the X)? If it is common, what has Tesla done to try to fix this problem?

It does not pick up any station. Not even static stations. It cycles through 3 times and then does to the streaming stations. Can this be fixed under my warranty?
Yes, this should be fixed under warranty. If I were you, I would insist on it. One good test would be to have them try to tune in some AM station using another Model S at the service center. Your radio should be able to tune in the same stations.

in my Infiniti, i would get the local sport stations (KNBR 680 and KHTK 1140) but with the MS nothing. I would try to put it on them but nothing is picked up. I have an appointment on the 19th for another issue so I'll be sure to have them look into this as well.

So i recently purchased my MS85 from a private seller. I did not test out the AM radio. After i got home, I tried some of the local AM station without any success. I tried researching and finding a solution to no avail. I tried contacting Tesla Support but they said it was a common problem and that i should just use the streaming service.

So my questions are: Is it a common problem in the MS (i know it has come up with the X)? If it is common, what has Tesla done to try to fix this problem?

My AM radio works but reception is terrible. I’ve used this as a reason to investigate terrestrial HD radio. Many AM stations are rebroadcast on sidechannels by FM stations(usually owned by the same company).

I’ve found the MS’ HD radio to be quite good and the AM stations sound far better this way.