Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazing Customer Service in Fremont Pop-up Body Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the best car service experience today at the pop-up body shop in Fremont. I brought the car in for a hood panel gap issue and they measured it and confirmed it was out of spec. Within an hour they fixed the hood, fixed one of my doors which was taking more effort to shut, and fixed a loose trim piece.

Everyone there was super knowledgeable. Once the info desk found out I waited in line day 1 to reserve the car she asked if I got the toy model 3 which I didn't. So they checked my vin and handed me a bag with the car! They said that there were some problems with the rollout so they are working with the service centers to try and get these into the hands of people who sat in line and didn't get the gift yet. Given how busy they are right now I was shocked they are still trying to get these to people.

I've had my car in the service centers several times with mixed results but given how busy they are I somewhat expect a learning curve on their end. Based on what I saw today, they are definitely improving and listening to their customers.

• Love
Reactions: MC408 and Gavyne
I had the best car service experience today at the pop-up body shop in Fremont. I brought the car in for a hood panel gap issue and they measured it and confirmed it was out of spec. Within an hour they fixed the hood, fixed one of my doors which was taking more effort to shut, and fixed a loose trim piece.

Everyone there was super knowledgeable. Once the info desk found out I waited in line day 1 to reserve the car she asked if I got the toy model 3 which I didn't. So they checked my vin and handed me a bag with the car! They said that there were some problems with the rollout so they are working with the service centers to try and get these into the hands of people who sat in line and didn't get the gift yet. Given how busy they are right now I was shocked they are still trying to get these to people.

I've had my car in the service centers several times with mixed results but given how busy they are I somewhat expect a learning curve on their end. Based on what I saw today, they are definitely improving and listening to their customers.
Hey @Mav777 where is this magical place? I need some unicorn service myself! Stat!

I’ve been there as well recently and had mixed results. Don’t get me wrong, the people were awesome, which is most important and I did get good service.

but as a pop up, they did not have loaners available and were very backed up.

I went in to get a cracked windshield replaced, which Tesla offered to fix when I picked up my CPO S.

I expected to be in and out within a few hours or get a loaner to come back a day or 2 later.

They said it would be 4 days since they were backed up. I asked if I could take my car and bring it back when they were ready to fix it and I was told I had to leave the car to hold my place in the que.

They then said they would give me $500 in lyft credit to get me around. I felt this was fair and understandable, but still much would have preferred a loaner or brought my car back when they were ready to work on it.

Now back to the good stuff, they actually called me 2 days later and told me my car was ready for pickup, so I rushed over and picked it up. To my surprise, it was washed and detailed looking better than when I took deliver a few weeks ago.

It would have made sense for them to send a CPO car there first and fix the window and detail it prior to me taking delivery, but again, I understand they are pushing out a lot of vehicles and are still figuring things out.

Just like the OP mentioned with the gift, as customers we are usually pretty understanding of these things if there are good people and good customer service working to make things right when they don’t always go so smooth from the start.

@e-FTW

Tesla Service Fremont Pop Up Service
47400 Kato Rd
Fremont, CA 94538

Don't hesitate to give us a call at (510) 249-3650or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and YisSerL