Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Amusing Story of Tesla Delivery Woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm on the same boat as the OP. My delivery date is supposed to be June 12th but no one has reached out to me to confirm. I've had a VIN and MVPA for a few weeks now.

I did a chat session last Friday which wasn't helpful. The guy told me to contact the local delivery guys. I called but nobody picks up and their mailbox is full. So I call the toll free number and someone from where I presume is Toronto picks up. Chat a bit and he tells me everything still looks good for the estimated delivery date, but I still have to wait for a local DA to reach out to me.

So... I hope someone reaches out to me by tomorrow. I feel like I might have to twist somebody's arm there in ordrer to get more information. I get that the Vancouver delivery agents are swamped but some more advanced communication and notice would have been nice.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
I mean getting mad about it is just pointless, I knew what I was going in for when I signed up, haha. Sounds like you had about the same experience as me, although I can't speak to build quality yet. Once I take delivery I do expect sub par fitment, but as long as it drives, oh well. Again, I knew what I was going in to, so I can't get too mad :)

My build quality was actually better than expected. The only negative was a slight misaligned right front panel off my a hair towards the headlight. Had the DA note it Incase it turns into a problem. My 2015 camaro had worse issues with clipped in panels. Gave me faith that they’ll get this all worked out in the next couple years.

Haven’t drove the car yet since I had it shipped to Oregon (moving Friday) and didn’t want to pay sales tax or drive it 2k miles. It’s just plugged in and waiting

I think I'm on the same boat as the OP. My delivery date is supposed to be June 12th but no one has reached out to me to confirm. I've had a VIN and MVPA for a few weeks now.

I did a chat session last Friday which wasn't helpful. The guy told me to contact the local delivery guys. I called but nobody picks up and their mailbox is full. So I call the toll free number and someone from where I presume is Toronto picks up. Chat a bit and he tells me everything still looks good for the estimated delivery date, but I still have to wait for a local DA to reach out to me.

So... I hope someone reaches out to me by tomorrow. I feel like I might have to twist somebody's arm there in ordrer to get more information. I get that the Vancouver delivery agents are swamped but some more advanced communication and notice would have been nice.
Wow that is cutting it close, I talked to one of their US-based customer service people and he told me to expect a call around 24-48 hours before delivery, talk about short notice!

I can't believe Canada gives $10K for a Tesla, and did I read correctly that many charging stations are free? Superchargers, or Destination?
It's only one province, BC, although if I remember right Quebec actually gets $13,000 off. The rest of the country gets $5,000 off. It's only for the base or SR+ (must be around $55k Canadian dollars MSRP and completely EV, sorry hybrids). Really the money just comes from our insane fuel taxes. Even when I was last in Cali I can't recall seeing gas at the $6-$7 we pay per gallon here in BC. I think it was around $3.80 a gallon and all the yankees I met were complaining about it while I was ecstatic to see such low prices :D

As for chargers, some level 3 chargers on long stretches of the trans-Canada are being built and are currently free. In my city there are about half of the level 2 chargers are completely free, and you usually get VIP parking at the front of the parking lot. My gym, workplace, and the city hall 2 blocks from my house are all free so I plan to go from spending nearly $4k a year on gas to a few hundred, maybe. Our hydroelectric power is cheap and we only pay about 8 cent per KWH for the few times I need to pay for a charge.