Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An app to tell you the tire pressure in S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the warning is probably 3 PSI below what you should have your tires at and it sometimes gets to 4 below.

The catch is some are set to 51 PSI, some 48 PSI, some 45 PSI, some 42 PSI and so on. The table below is an old one from April 2015 and they do change the table from time to time.

tires-png.77555

again table not current, old table from April 2015

See P85D 19" tire pressure recommendation is now 50psi for more discussion and feel free to check with your service center to see if you label on the car itself is correct as they print revised labels from time to time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Raza-Khan
Yes. Think mine are usually set to 40psi. They are staggered and air and 21s. That table is right on.

That table is most definitely not "right on."

It was correct, as dhanson865 said, in early April 2015.

Since that time Tesla has changed the recommended minimum tire pressure for all dual motor cars with 19" wheels back to 45 psi, which is what it had been previously.

Tesla has changed the recommendation for the Ds with 19" wheels at least twice. Originally it was 45 psi. I'm not looking up the date now, but in March or April of 2015 Tesla changed the recommendation to 50 psi. Some time shortly after that, they changed it back to 45 psi. Proof of this is found on the door stickers of Ds with 19" wheels. Depending on manufacture date, most will show the recommended minimum as 45 psi, but for the cars built during the short time when the recommendation was 50 psi, the door stickers will show that as the recommendation.

Reactions: M0DEL³
That table is most definitely not "right on."

It was correct, as dhanson865 said, in early April 2015.

Since that time Tesla has changed the recommended minimum tire pressure for all dual motor cars with 19" wheels back to 45 psi, which is what it had been previously.

So true and on top of that the table doesn't show Model X or Roadster or Model s Canada or Model S (name your country). I just wanted to post it to show people the numbers are complicated and they should check. And once I did I wanted to warn that even the label on the car can be wrong, don't trust the label or the table, you may not even trust your service center depending on their answer.

It'd be nice if there was a suggested PSI on the ride height screen on the MFD or somewhere else prominent in the settings that updated every time you got a firmware update and knew what you are supposed to have based on your suspension and wheel size at time of delivery (if you use nonstandard wheels you can make your own choices on PSI).

Reactions: Andyw2100
My car was too old to upgrade - I specifically asked about that.

Umm....you've been fed a booboo....do u see my sig?.....lol, it's definitely doable, but again, be prepared to pay thru the nose for it like some of us did to do the retro....I'd goto another SC if the one you've gone won't do it....or escalate to regional if you don't have a choice of SC.

I recently installed aftermarket 20" wheels on my P85 with replacement TPMS all around, replacing the OEM 19" wheels.

The new tires were at 40 and 40.5. It's only been one day, but I never saw a tire pressure warning.
FWIW, when I reset the TPMS system via the control panel to detect the new sensors, I selected 21" wheels.