Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An expensive and wet supercharge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where was that pic taken ?

The story goes that he arrived at the Supercharger with a very low state of charge - to the point that the car would no longer go into reverse, but would still go into drive. Rather than pushing it into the stall, he pulled in like that for long enough to add enough juice that he could park normally.

Last edited:
The story goes that he arrived at the Supercharger with a very low state of charge - to the point that the car would no longer go into reverse, but would still go into drive. Rather than pushing it into the stall, he pulled in like for long enough to add enough juice that he could park normally.

You ruined it! That picture was so much funnier without the story! ;)

The story goes that he arrived at the Supercharger with a very low state of charge - to the point that the car would no longer go into reverse, but would still go into drive. Rather than pushing it into the stall, he pulled in like that for long enough to add enough juice that he could park normally.

I assumed from looking at the picture that the driver simply didn't WANT to back into the stall. interesting to find out that he could not reverse, but he could go forward.

(BTW this doesn't make sense to me -- but i guess strange things happen when you are driving a cell phone on wheels..)

Who reverses back? This is the traditionally way to get close enough to the cable:

d0w0my3us1g21.jpg
QUESTION: Is this what they mean by "Drive it like you stole it" ?

• Funny
Reactions: KirkNason