Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An Observation After 26.7 Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just trying out some of the new features in 2023.26.7 and incidentally, I noticed something different about the browser and Sentry playback. In the past, when accessing some websites over my home wifi, the browser would be extremely slow loading a page. Sometimes it would not load the page at all or the browser would just crash.

I just tried accessing a couple of my most troublesome sites and the pages loaded very quickly and the browser did not crash. There have been no changes to my home wifi. So, I figured that I would try another place where I have problems; Sentry playback.

Just about every time I play back a Sentry or Dashcam clip, the playback jumps backward or fails to reach the point where the inncident happened. I have to manually drag it to the appropriate spot on the playback to see the incident, sometimes numerous times before I am successful. Now, after installing 26.7, the clips are running past the incident point, right to the end of the recording. I have never had that happen before. I know that these changes could just be isolated experiences that may not have anyrhing to do with the update and could change back by tomorrow but, I thought that at least, they are interesting

I just received 2023.26.8 so I took the car out and watched for any noticeable changes. Only one obscure thing was found but it could have been added in a previous update.

I sometimes turn the headlights off on cloudy days to avoid frequent on and off headlights. There isn't a problem with doing that except when using Autopilot.

If auto pilot decides that cloud cover has darkened the sky just a little too much, it throws a flashing 'take control' message and a big, red flashing steering wheel on the screen. It also tells you that Autopilot will be unavailable. If I activate the automatic headlights setting, then all is well with Autopilot again.

I tried turning the headlights off today and noticed a change. When I entered the highway and engaged Autopilot, a notification came up stating that the headlights are now set to auto and the auto headlight symbol appeared on the screen.

So, I now have Autopilot turning on automatic wipers and the automatic headlights. I believe that this is a better alternative to activating that ominous, flashing 'take control' message/alarm. I also noticed that when I disengaged Autopilot, the headlight setting had returned to the off setting.