Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An observation on Model 3 aero traits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I just did a 1500 mile round trip over the past week. Pennsylvania to Alabama and back. And thanks to all the bugs along the way, I noticed aero patterns on my 3.

Before leaving for the trip and when I was down there, I washed the car to see a new pattern on the way back up.

So what I noticed was the front of the car below the hood had tons of bugs, as would be expected, and a good amount hit the windshield also, but the hood? Nearly none. The side mirrors also got hit quite a bit for as big as they are. The rest of the car was fairly clean. Roof, sides, rear, etc. The hood has some downward angle to it, so for some reason I thought it'd get hit more, but I guess the airflow pushes the bugs up over the roof.

I've had my 3 a month and 10 days, and just went over 4000 miles! :eek:

Borrowed a three and put 500 miles on it in two days all while staying locally. Bugs hit the front end a lot, but nothing extreme on the front windshield or the mirrors. Guess when I get mine ill need to drive it some more to test this.