Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And the day was going so well...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ATT_1405968418225_photo.JPG

What to say... :smile:

DA808EV, I have been in *talks* with them 4 the last month. They say they are waiting on a report from their appraiser. I'm thinking this isn't going to be a fun process...

Im going through the same process with my MS. Wife was involved in a minor accident in which it caused $14k worth of damage and we used St Lucie appraisal for a DV report. Submitted it to the other party insurance company since they were at fault and now playing the waiting game. Good luck with everything and I'll let you know how my claim goes as well.

So Seven7, I actually did pay for an appraisal - which I sent them today. About the same time they sent me their offer... There's an 80x difference between the two. Not happy.

Would be interested to know the two numbers if you didn't mind sharing. I assume the number the gave was like 200 and the number your guy gave was like 10000 and the number they gave was like less than 500? if so then that is pretty terrible.

:redface:

I miss read the report initially... What I thought was their offer was really the charge for the report (why was that there?). My only excuse was I was running a bit over 100 degree fever at the time (actually still am). Now that said, my appraiser came in about 16K while thiers came in at 5400. The quality of the reports are starkly different. The one I paid for provided the full creditials of the person writting the report, it used actual photos, and overall was pretty complete. Thiers... Here's the response I am working on:

Review of the report done by PDA shows it is rift with errors. Specific problems I had with said report are as follows:

1. The report shows my car as a “Model S” instead of a “Model S Performance”
  2. My Tesla Model S Performance was a bit over 100K when bought new – it was in perfect condition at the time of the accident. There is no way it had a low value of $69.995 as reported in your appraisal. It is likely he compared all Model S variants (like the 60’s which are much cheaper) and not just the one I have.
  3. Because the Model S is production constrained and very popular – used ones are rare and valuable. Used vehicles are maintaining their value extremely well. NADA (as shown in the included appraisal) shows an Average Retail price of $93,500 for my vehicle.
  4. Your appraiser consistently rated my vehicle average, admitting “I was not provided photos of the vehicle prior to or after repairs were completed”. My car was in no way “average” at the time of the accident.
  5. The use of “low mileage” doesn’t make sense when calculating the value of my Model S – which has a warranty the covers the batteries and drive train for 8 years & UNLIMITED miles.
  6. It appears that you have calculated your offer from a variation of the “17C formula”, which is not binding on my claim. As the Georgia Insurance Department affirmed when they stated, “I want to clarify the matter by reminding insurers that my office has never issued any regulation requiring the use of a specific formula for determining diminished value, so each claim should be evaluated on its own merits.” I do not believe the use of any formula (especially one that has an arbitrary cap) is in “good faith”.

Here's a screenshot of some of thier apprasal...

shot-2014-09-16_22-20-18.jpg
shot-2014-09-16_22-25-56.jpg

Here's what my contact said about the 4 page report...

"here is our professional Diminished value rpt. We will offer you the amount in this rpt."
"PDA is experienced doing these DV appraisals. I can’t offer you more than their review."
"Just 1 DV appraisal we have. They were almost exactly where I previously figured the DV at a while ago. It isn’t reasonable that the DV with 30k damages is over half the dmg amount to repair. I really can’t offer you more than our DV amont."
"Another issue on diminished value is that you really have no loss now. Its just speculative. Who’s to say you will ever sell that car and that if you do someone will actually offer you less than its worth. The previous offer stands if you want to take it."

If I wasn't steaming from a fevor, I would be steaming from this...