Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anderson A2 Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it’s worth, I have an A2 with an adaptive fuse installed. I also already have a 100A fuse. Mine connects to the house network via wifi.

I think the name “adaptive fuse” is a bit misleading as to what it actually does. Essentially they put an energy monitor on your main electricity feed that monitors the usage for the house so the A2 can ramp down the charge if you’re using a lot of electricity elsewhere in the house.

As I only have electricity and I have a sizeable ground source heat pump heating the house and doing hot water, my house does end up using a lot of electricity at once at peak times. Hence, I was happy to install the adaptive fuse.

One side effect - it means you get energy monitoring for the entire house (in aggregate) as well as for EV charging.

Attachments

• D03212E7-158C-4E3D-A4B0-7BD14B80C251.png
    D03212E7-158C-4E3D-A4B0-7BD14B80C251.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 84
thanks for replies. yes saw the 12 week lead time on their web page, so guess I will have to make a decision soon.

It does strike me as strange that Andersen are the only ones who have, thus far, considered the cable management issue.
I had the Anderson fitted a week ago and due to the long lead timss i bought the unit and it arrived in a few days and then had a local certified installer to commission. . Remember that you may need your tails uprated and fuse replced to 100 amps. This part took 6 weeks. It looks brilliant and the app worked after i read the manual 😀.

Attachments

• 42A53A8E-8F28-4CAC-9B6C-0BFC74AAD000.jpeg
    42A53A8E-8F28-4CAC-9B6C-0BFC74AAD000.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 46