Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android app has circle with number on icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Android Tesla app icon has a circle with a number in it. I don't have any messages or notifications. The number keeps increasing. Does anyone know what this is. How do I get rid of it? Thanks, Norm

My Android Tesla app icon has a circle with a number in it. I don't have any messages or notifications. The number keeps increasing. Does anyone know what this is. How do I get rid of it? Thanks, Norm
my guess is the fact that the "connected/disconnected" notification is "always" on. as the app refreshes the notification, android may be counting them as new. my guess is this a "persistent notification".

For example, i just restarted my phone, and there are no notifications on the Tesla app and the notification for "connected" is not present. After a while, the connection notification appeared and the Tesla app now shows there's a notification.

if you long-press the icon, you should get a small toast menu showing what the notifications are. once i did that, the notification dot went away, but came back again because the notification still exists.

I'm on stock Android 10.

Actually I found what it is. We just came home from a trip. Each time that I used a Tesla Supercharger, I got a notice that charging was completed and to disconnect. If I clicked on the message, it would go away and the number on the icon would decrement by one.
The top of my phone screen showed two Tesla icons -- one was the Tesla app and the other was a list of messages.

my guess is the fact that the "connected/disconnected" notification is "always" on. as the app refreshes the notification, android may be counting them as new. my guess is this a "persistent notification".

For example, i just restarted my phone, and there are no notifications on the Tesla app and the notification for "connected" is not present. After a while, the connection notification appeared and the Tesla app now shows there's a notification.

if you long-press the icon, you should get a small toast menu showing what the notifications are. once i did that, the notification dot went away, but came back again because the notification still exists.

I'm on stock Android 10.
android phone swip down home screen then clear notifications then you will have just the 1 which means your phone is connected to the car