Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android App Notifications Too Long to Read

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my phone when I get notifications from the Tesla App they often are too long to fit on the screen. The notifications don't wrap and they are cut off with ... added to the end. How can I read the full notification? Tapping the notification only takes me to the Tesla app which does not show the notification text that I can find.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: boonedocks
What device are you using? I'm using a pixel, and for us there's a small arrow on the very top right side of the notification that will expand it to show the full text. Also swiping down on the notification itself will expand it too.

i9ZF3FV.png

Last edited:
What device are you using? I'm using a pixel, and for us there's a small arrow on the very top right side of the notification that will expand it to show the full text. Also swiping down on the notification itself will expand it too.

Yes, thanks for the reply. My phone is a Moto X4 android. Here is a screen shot in the horizontal mode which gives the most room for long lines. They still can be cut off. On your phone they seem to wrap. On mine they don't. This is not unique to the Tesla app. I thought there might be a way to read notifications in the app. I can't find a way to do that.

Wait, I figured it out. First the Tesla notices have to be unfurled to show them individually. Then any overlong notices can individually unfurled to show wrapped text instead of cut off.

I've had this phone for two years and it's still hiding secrets.