Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Helll All. Just picked up my Model 3 and trying to learn eveything little by little. But one quick question ...the fan icon on the app ? I'm assuming its for the battery or motor , and why would I use it, or when to know to use it?

Thank you

There is a other option for climate, that we can turn on and off. I uploaded a pic

Attachments

• 20200628_105233.jpg
    20200628_105233.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 63
The fan icon just lets you know if the HVAC fan is running or not. The climate option lets you set heat and cool as well as temperature, seat warmers, etc. I found the fan icon to be useful on one occasion. I had randomly checked the app and saw that the fan was running even though the car was parked. I went to check and found that I hadn't completely closed one of the doors, and that was enough to leave the A/C running. If I hadn't seen this, I can only imagine where my charge level would have been the next morning when I decided to drive to work.

the fan icon is for the AC/heater. if you click it it will cool or heat the cabin area of the car. The fan button is just there for quick access, if you click the climate option you get more options such as setting the temperature and turning on the heated seats.