Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android live camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tested with my Pixel 6 on Android 12. I does not work on cellular data; I have strong 5G signal that is as fast as my wifi. I switched a few times and it did not work on cellular data.

EDIT: Just got today's update, but my wife is driving the car home from work, so I can't check. But this new version finally fixed a bug that's been around since the first 4.2.x version, running Google maps from the location page.

I may have a resolution for some Android users. I had a similar issue here...Pixel 6 / Android 12...no live video regardless of data source. I registered my iPad as a key and the video worked perfectly so I don't think it's the car or wifi quality.

THEN, I disabled my Google 1 VPN on my Pixel 6. Boom! Worked consistently with it turned off. If I re-enable the VPN, no video.

Dang it! Thought I may have stumbled onto a fix for more than just me!

For what it's worth, I've been cell service shopping lately. I've trialed Cricket, Mint, and now Visible. On all of the data services, the live video issue persisted. During that time, I changed from the Pixel 4XL to 6. Neither phone showed live data regardless of cell/wifi. My only success came with disabling the VPN (or using my iPad)