Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying squeaks identified

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
I have had some terribly annoying squeaks in my car since it was new. Tried to replicate them for my service center advisor but never could. The sounds were like styrofoam cups or even a better description would be the sound a turkey call makes. I was able to make a video of one of the culprits in my garage while doing some detailing. I played the video for my service advisor and he was convinced the sound was from the rubber seals. He recommended I get something called Gummi Pflege Stift (available on Amazon) and try it. I ordered it and used it on every exposed rubber seal and rubber gasket I could find. Amazingly it WORKED!!! If you are plagued by this it might be the best $14 you'll spend.

Video of of my "Squeak"

Last edited by a moderator:
@California Roll it was most notably the frunk as shown in the video. I treated the rubber ring around the frunk well In addition to the rubber seal closer to the wipers. There were actually several places I couldn't identify so I treated the entire car. Ahhhhh the quietness is amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing this quick fix. I don't have the squeaks yet that I know of, and from the sound of it, I would know! But if they show up I'll know what to do.

I have a strange sound from the dash above the glovebox that I am going to have them check out next week. It's almost as if the dash needs to be cushioned more or glued down better. Not sure. But don't think it's the same as this. But it's rather annoying.