Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another 18" vs 19" question, softness/comfort question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much of the difference in comfort/softness when driving between the two? Pretty noticeable? I'll be ordering the RWD.

I don't care for noise (my stereo is always loud), I don't take corner's hard, and efficiency is not a huge factor for me since I drive 15-20 miles a day.
So the only reason for considering the 19's is because i love the way it looks.

Also, does anyone know the tire sidewall in mm between the two?

I have all 3. Well 18’s just sold. Best way to think abt it for same general comfort feel (not handling) :

18” - 44 psi =
19” - 41 psi =
20” - 38 psi

Same feel. Hope that helps? I have 20’s which one is being repaired for some curb rash. So right now 19” powder coated gun metal on for a few days.

F840FF61-041B-40BF-9DC8-4008E3AC49FF.jpeg
AC664D9E-E7A8-4FB1-A54D-831C1E8835B4.jpeg

Last edited:
I have all 3. Well 18’s just sold. Best way to think abt it for same general comfort feel (not handling) :

18” - 44 psi =
19” - 41 psi =
20” - 38 psi

Same feel. Hope that helps? I have 20’s which one is being repaired for some curb rash. So right now 19” powder coated gun metal on for a few days.

View attachment 810569View attachment 810570
Thanks. Love the powder coated gun metal. How much did that cost you to powder coat?

18” - 44 psi =
19” - 41 psi =
20” - 38 psi

View attachment 810569View attachment 810570
Hi, What mudflaps are those on the front of your car? Thanks

Hi, What mudflaps are those on the front of your car? Thanks

They are drill free. I’m sure any US supplier of mudflaps would have for model 3 :)

Oh actually come to think of it the fronts are oem tesla that came with the M3. This may be a Canadian delivery thing for cars delivered in the winter. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It’s a solid hard plastic not the flimsy rubber ones. I remember now installing the rears off 3rd party but front was already there.

How much of the difference in comfort/softness when driving between the two? Pretty noticeable? I'll be ordering the RWD.

I don't care for noise (my stereo is always loud), I don't take corner's hard, and efficiency is not a huge factor for me since I drive 15-20 miles a day.
So the only reason for considering the 19's is because i love the way it looks.

Also, does anyone know the tire sidewall in mm between the two?
Maybe you can help me with a technical question?
1. Why does the new M3 RWD only lose 2% range with the 19-inch sport rims, while the Long Range loses almost 7%? Do the RWD have different tires than the long range?
2. Is the range loss mostly in city driving or highway? I'm guessing city, since I would just be maintaining inertia?

Thanks

Maybe you can help me with a technical question?
1. Why does the new M3 RWD only lose 2% range with the 19-inch sport rims, while the Long Range loses almost 7%? Do the RWD have different tires than the long range?
2. Is the range loss mostly in city driving or highway? I'm guessing city, since I would just be maintaining inertia?

Thanks
1. don't know, could be something as mundane noise in the testing
2. Most of the difference is in the tires, which would impact city and highway driving approximately the same. A little bit is from the aero wheel covers, which would affect highway range more. Inertia has very nearly 0 to do with it.

Reactions: SuperKirby