Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another love story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my car. It’s a 2017 75D. I think it’s a little bit of a unicorn, but maybe one of the ones the side, you know, in the back of the herd of unicorns. I have had lots of nice cars. Porsche’s, Bmws, Audi’s and a Maserati. BTW the Mas never broke down and made a wonderful noise. I am ruined. Every time I get in a fossil car, even a powerful one, there is so much delay. This is just smooth, linear acceleration. Very nice. The autopilot is amazing. I live in Hell A. Traffic is horrendously bad. I am much calmer now because of autopilot. Thank you Tesla. Maybe that should be part of their marketing strategy. Buy a Tesla lower your blood pressure.

What people have to go through to get their used Teslas from Tesla, to me, just seems a little unreasonable. I looked for a while on CPO and Tesla’s site to get a sense of how the market was and what was out there. I really wanted a few cars I saw. I was just thinking maybe I will have to do a fun road trip in my new car if it’s across the country. The story’s on this forum scared me off. I need a car to go to work or do whatever. I can’t wait a few months to maybe hear from someone or get something fixed. I went with what I guess is the unpopular decision and bought mine from a dealer. I saw the car I wanted and here’s the crazy thing! They let me test drive it! The car was in great shape. I bought it and had a car within 24 hours. I know I will not get an extended warranty but I will take that chance as I rotate cars after few years. The car had 8000 miles on it. So I know for a few years I won’t have to pay for warranty issues. The car started life as a 60D. The pics on the dealers web site showed 60, but when I picked it up it was a 75. Which I was planning to do anyways. So at some point at the dealer the car got upgraded? I liked this as I think the battery was not beat up too much. Even if charged to 100% when a 60 then there was still a buffer. It has free supercharging for life and is a 2.0 car. I do hope there is an upgrade path to 2.5 or 3.

I have a few issues. The MCU failed and the two rear lights had the condensation issue. All replaced “relatively “ quickly. This is in 6 months of ownership.

A big thanks to this forum as I learned a lot before my purchase.

Reactions: BridgeMojo