Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another new member from Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Very nice!

It looks like Michigan is well covered with Superchargers if you live in the mitten shape area but there's none if you live in non-mitten shape area like Marquette, Houghton... but Tesla has been expanding its system.

For cold Michigan winter, I would recommend being liberal on getting the range for your car. That means 370 mile Model S, 325 mile Model X or 310 mile Model 3 Long Range.

Because of the anti-Tesla law in Michigan, there are no Service Centers there.

Some services can be done by Mobile Service (like 12V battery). If not, and if your car is drivable, you'll need to drive to a Service Center in your neighborhood next doors like Ohio or Illinois.

There have been quite a few enthusiastic owners in Michigan:

About 100 Tesla Owners Convened To Test Cars At Michigan Speedway

IMGP5044_e152a367-1d25-4a92-8368-9a294a01af9d_grande.JPG

What's your use case (family size, commute distance, budget)?
Empty nesters so just the Wife and I now. I have a larger car and a truck for Winter. Wife has a smaller car. My thought with the Tesla is to be prepared for the future. Electrification is coming if we like it or not. Self driven cars are coming, if we like it or not. Why not start now.
JMHTs

Empty nesters so just the Wife and I now. I have a larger car and a truck for Winter. Wife has a smaller car. My thought with the Tesla is to be prepared for the future. Electrification is coming if we like it or not. Self driven cars are coming, if we like it or not. Why not start now.
JMHTs

A really nice feature of Teslas is that the passenger seats are also full power. There are surprisingly few cars out there with that.
The S is a bigger car for hauling your travel stuff and has more range. The 3 actually fits me better and is sportier.
Have you test driven them or gone to a showroom?

A really nice feature of Teslas is that the passenger seats are also full power. There are surprisingly few cars out there with that.
The S is a bigger car for hauling your travel stuff and has more range. The 3 actually fits me better and is sportier.
Have you test driven them or gone to a showroom?
Test drove the 3 in Troy, really liked it. My Daughter just moved from Tampa to Cinncinati so we are going in a couple weeks. Hope to do a test drive on the S and maybe the 3 again while we are there.

As to the mats.... no need yet, but maybe soon. Thanks for the offer!

Reactions: mongo
Not kidding at all. Ohio roads are like glass compared to Michigan.

Too many years of neglect here !!

Really is hard to believe that Ohio roads are much better, although the shallower frost line makes us get a lot less heaving.

Looks like pavement life in MI would be around 7-8 years and central OH would be 10-11 years based on that metric. Cincinnati is better still, as they're usually 10-15 degrees warmer than other Ohio areas in winter/spring.