Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another soon to be M3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings everyone. I figured I’m far enough in the process to post now and I would provide another datapoint for everyone on the timing for my reservation to order to VIN to (hopefully) delivery.

While on our vacation in Hawaii over Christmas we took our test drive, placed our deposit and got our reservation (12/28). Yes, the test drive was amazing (both the scenery and the amazing performance of the Model 3). I’d read the reviews, done my research, watched the YouTube comparison videos. None of those things prepared me for that first drive. One of the most spontaneous things I’ve ever done and yes, best souvenir ever, LOL. Once we got home and the dust settled from our trip, we converted our reservation over to a firm order and set up for delivery to our locale - wanted to make sure it didn’t accidentally get shipped to the Hawaiian dealership where we ordered, LOL. We picked a M3 in white with black interior. We picked a Long Range, AWD with 18” Aero wheels - so basically a pretty vanilla M3. We opted not to go with the FSD - partly a financial decision, partly a “not quite ready for fully self driving cars” decision, LOL. The order went in on January 5th and we were given a 4 to 7 week delivery window. I had been watching the order website and checking the source code for my VIN to appear. Nothing. Well, at 11:00am today I received my text telling me that my delivery was tentatively scheduled for February 2nd and they would call us 24 to 48 hours ahead to confirm date and time. Yay me! Really looking forward to a completely new ownership experience. Thanks to all of you who contribute to this forum. Great information here and you are certainly helping me learn and pass the time while I (impatiently) wait for my day to come.

Thanks for checking out my story.
Paul

Congratulations on the new order. You will definitely enjoy owning a Model 3. Keep in mind that delivery dates that far out are very preliminary so don’t be surprised if it doesn’t come quite that soon. Lead times are 7-10 weeks but anything is possible.

Thanks for the welcome. I know that deliveries are all over the map so I’m tentative in my excitement at this point. My quoted lead time was 4 to 7 on my order page and this delivery is literally 4 weeks to the day from my order conversion so we’ll see.

Great to hear! Seems like they’re doing a bunch of LR AWD deliveries in late January this year. I’m on mobile so location doesn’t pop up. :)

No worries. I was planning for the worst. I keep reading all these posts about first quarter going to Europe, yada, yada, yada. I figured I’d be sometime in March when all was said and done. Of course it still could be the case but for right now, I’m riding the wave. LOL.