Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 6 seater or......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 6-seater is a little awkward IMO.
There’s no arm rests or center console in the Model X, and so your arms just have to kind of rest on your laps and nowhere to put anything. Also, as another mentioned, the seats don’t fold.

The 6-seater is a little awkward IMO.
There’s no arm rests or center console in the Model X, and so your arms just have to kind of rest on your laps and nowhere to put anything. Also, as another mentioned, the seats don’t fold.

But, then also, the 2nd row bench seating just seems too cheap to be in a nearly $90K vehicle.

You have to pick one out of three:

1) Five seater
2) Six seater
3) Seven seater

Why is this so hard? It’s not like there are a dozen options.

Put each option side by side with price. If money is an issue. If still undecided go look at each one. Take wife dogs and kids with you. Doable

You have to pick one out of three:

1) Five seater
2) Six seater
3) Seven seater

Why is this so hard? It’s not like there are a dozen options.

Put each option side by side with price. If money is an issue. If still undecided go look at each one. Take wife dogs and kids with you. Doable
lol. Not hard just feel like I really the 6 seat captain seats. My wife mentioned maybe look at a 5 seater because we never used the 3rd row in our pathfinder. So it’s. It difficult I’m just looking for the MX to pop up in inventory and I’m pulling the trigger. But now just thinking a 5 seater because the wife mentioned but I feel like that’s a waste for the Mx

So about 1.5 years ago I was between keeping my 6 seat Tahoe LTZ or getting the MX 6 seats and at the time my wife was also not a big fan of EV since she was so used to the Tahoe and this was going to be the car she drove. Well I made the executive decision and sold the Tahoe and got her into the MX 6 seater. Well now she says she loves the car and is very happy with it. We are also a party of 5 and we opted for the 6 seat white interior and have no regrets. We opted for the 6 seat because of the extra space in the center of the car which makes it feel more spacious for the rear passengers.

So about 1.5 years ago I was between keeping my 6 seat Tahoe LTZ or getting the MX 6 seats and at the time my wife was also not a big fan of EV since she was so used to the Tahoe and this was going to be the car she drove. Well I made the executive decision and sold the Tahoe and got her into the MX 6 seater. Well now she says she loves the car and is very happy with it. We are also a party of 5 and we opted for the 6 seat white interior and have no regrets. We opted for the 6 seat because of the extra space in the center of the car which makes it feel more spacious for the rear passengers.
Awesome. So I’m getting rid of my 2014 pathfinder that’s my daily driver. And this is going to be for myself. The wife said I won’t be happy unless I get a Tesla lol. I said you’re funny but kinda right. I’m so tired of paying $60 every 4/5 days for gas and I’m ready to try something new. Took the family for a test drive other day and my kids were. Egging for me to get the MX lol now as soon as the white 6 seater pops up in inventory I will purchase. There was one early yesterday but had some things to do by the time I had a second to sit and purchase it was gone.

Has anyone seen any pattern as to when more inventory is comes in? or is it just random?
Is there a reason you don't just order one the way you want instead of getting one in inventory? The good thing is that we are coming up on the last month of the quarter, and Tesla will be doing everything possible to get you a car by the quarter's end.

Reactions: posity
Is there a reason you don't just order one the way you want instead of getting one in inventory? The good thing is that we are coming up on the last month of the quarter, and Tesla will be doing everything possible to get you a car by the quarter's end.
Actually doing more and more research and calling, what I'm going to do is order the MX i want and see if anything pops up in inventory thats the same or close... my reason is i kinda need a car asap so.....so i will place order and keep checking inventory for immediate pick up and switch the order fee, didn't know i could do that

Reactions: RyanC1384
ordered MX white exterior black interior 6 seat, regular steering wheel says delivery dec 23-jan 24.... can't wait lol alos ordered the wall charger and mobile charger......anyother accessories i should look into?
Sounds like a great color combo. Some people get tire fillers since there is no spare, but those have issues with tire foams. You might get an air pump if you don't already have one. Since you never take the car in for service, things like normal tire leakage can add up after six months or so.

Reactions: AntDre20
so I’m looking at 5 seater now, in all over the place lol. I think it’s a waste getting an x 5seatwr. Thoughts?
Actually, the five set version is less expensive, and [now] qualifies for the federal EV credit. There is a ton more storage in the rear of the five seat version. The area under the floor is fully accessible, great for those out-of-view high value treasures. There are only two of us in our household, so really a no-brainer. If the grandkids are around, take your Mom's tank car, (a chevy Tahoe, which seats eight).

Actually, the five set version is less expensive, and [now] qualifies for the federal EV credit. There is a ton more storage in the rear of the five seat version. The area under the floor is fully accessible, great for those out-of-view high value treasures. There are only two of us in our household, so really a no-brainer. If the grandkids are around, take your Mom's tank car, (a chevy Tahoe, which seats eight).
I agree with all. We are on our second 5-seater X. It is nice to have the space to put a 6-foot bookcase in the back. It comes down to how often you need to carry many people.

If I needed to often need carry more people, I would lean toward the 7-seater versus the 6 with its fixed center chairs.