Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 6 seater or......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 GMC YUKON DENALI ULTIMATE 4WD

My wife and I went to test drive the Model X tonight...... I loved it, wife isn't so crazy about the EV stuff, she loves her ICE car.....she has a 2021 GMC Denali XL, which is very nice fully loaded, we have a party of 5 so its very spacious for us all......so we did test drive the MY also just to see, I'm to big for it the seat barely fit me,6'2" 240, my wife said the car looked to small for me lol.....anyway, after we get back in our car and head home, my wife asked me do i think the MX is worth the price, so i said I don't know, its a 6 seat MX thats "luxury" its fast and has falcon wing doors which no other cars have.....she said ok, do you think its worth it lol, i said i don't know, if your asking me do i want to get it i would say yes if we can afford it, which we can, i think its pretty sweet car, never owned an EV. Wife said she feels like the Denali you get more bang for your buck, thoughts?

Is there something I'm missing? My wife has me 2nd guessing this decision to purchase.... we have a 10yr old, 6yr old, 2yr old.....the X was way more spacious then the mY IMO

2023 GMC YUKON DENALI ULTIMATE 4WD

My wife and I went to test drive the Model X tonight...... I loved it, wife isn't so crazy about the EV stuff, she loves her ICE car.....she has a 2021 GMC Denali XL, which is very nice fully loaded, we have a party of 5 so its very spacious for us all......so we did test drive the MY also just to see, I'm to big for it the seat barely fit me,6'2" 240, my wife said the car looked to small for me lol.....anyway, after we get back in our car and head home, my wife asked me do i think the MX is worth the price, so i said I don't know, its a 6 seat MX thats "luxury" its fast and has falcon wing doors which no other cars have.....she said ok, do you think its worth it lol, i said i don't know, if your asking me do i want to get it i would say yes if we can afford it, which we can, i think its pretty sweet car, never owned an EV. Wife said she feels like the Denali you get more bang for your buck, thoughts?

Is there something I'm missing? My wife has me 2nd guessing this decision to purchase.... we have a 10yr old, 6yr old, 2yr old.....the X was way more spacious then the mY IMO
I think it’s a no brainer to get the MX. I’m willing to bet your kids like the Tesla hands down… 😃👍🏻

Reactions: henderrj
My wife was not really sold on the MX at first but was wonderful about letting me buy myself a birthday present for a 'significant' birthday.

After 5 years of starting every day with a full tank, never messing with oil changes, and having a car that is fast, gorgeous and reliable, there is no way she would ever consider us owning another ICE. We saved $4300 in fuel costs last year so there is everything to like about the X.

Pretty understandable to be apprehensive about trying something completely different, but I suspect she may end up being it's biggest advocate after using it for a few months.

WAF (wife acceptance factor) is the lamest excuse ever made by men. Not just cars, but practically any hobby (I have found). Man up. Unless your wife makes all the money in your household and you just raise the kids (of course, nothing wrong with that either).

For some reason, Wifes like to drive huge heavy prestige SUVs. Something about the high command seating, the preceived safety and lots of room for the kids.

Usually they are not the ones paying for gas or pumping their own fuel.

Hard to argue with that, even when those old tanks make little sense for our modern environment.

Usually they get comfortable with driving the dinosaurs and the status they bring to her family.

Reactions: RyanC1384
well.....i manned up lol....i'm placing my order for MX 20" rims white exterior, black interior, 6 seater, with regular steering wheel, not a fan of the yoke....thats what was in inventory and says available for pick up immediately

I kinda really wanted the white interior but with 3 kids i dont want to have to look after cleaning seats everytime they get out of the car with food and sports.

Also thoughts on this being my daily driver to work and daily errands? this will be my everyday car with my wife's GMC denali....

I kinda really wanted the white interior but with 3 kids....

Would the 7-seat be more practical with 3 kids?

Here are some PROS and CONS:

- With the 7-seat, you can fold the 3rd row and still have a 5-seat car, because the rear trunk behind the 3rd row is quite small otherwise.

- The 2nd row of the 6-seat are more confortable seats for adults, but with kids I wonder if they would notice any difference.

- With the 6-seats, the access to the 3rd row is more easy than the 7-seats, and a taller person using the 3rd row can still stretch the legs in the middle.

- With the 6-seats, the 2nd row cannot be folded, so this limit the cargo room to carry large items, especially since you cannot use a roof rack.

- With a 7-seat you can have your full family and an extra couple, like when relative visiting you, otherwise you would need to use two cars.

Reactions: RyanC1384
after 6 months of driving it, your wife will never want to drive ICE cars again. The 6 seat config is great for kids. they can run back to the 3rd row easily. depending on their age, they can almost walk into 3rd row. When my kids were young, they love sitting in the 3rd row, they feel far away from the parents. My kids do complain about the lack of arm rest in the 2nd row captains chair. With the rear video screen (as small as it is), kids will love playing with it. Separate BT pairing for the rear is coming, so they can watch their own shows and use their own headphones.

No oil change, no brake change (frequently), no gas fill up. only time I goto a gas station is for the touchless car wash. Wife used to love the Range Rover, but after getting the X. she switched pretty quickly. Sold our last RRS last year, and completely EVs now. no regrets.

Don't see the appeal of large SUVs other than size. The safety factor alone with kids should be a big win for the wife. side-impact and rollover scores. FSD offload some anxiety and stress when driving long distance or in stop-n-go traffic is a game changer. OTA updates, remote access to car, cameras, dashcam, sentry mode. dog mode (if you have pets), should be all wins in her book. Who gas up the car, now you or wife don't have to. just plug it in at night.

-ThinkMac-

Would the 7-seat be more practical with 3 kids?

Here are some PROS and CONS:

- With the 7-seat, you can fold the 3rd row and still have a 5-seat car, because the rear trunk behind the 3rd row is quite small otherwise.

- The 2nd row of the 6-seat are more confortable seats for adults, but with kids I wonder if they would notice any difference.

- With the 6-seats, the access to the 3rd row is more easy than the 7-seats, and a taller person using the 3rd row can still stretch the legs in the middle.

- With the 6-seats, the 2nd row cannot be folded, so this limit the cargo room to carry large items, especially since you cannot use a roof rack.

- With a 7-seat you can have your full family and an extra couple, like when relative visiting you, otherwise you would need to use two cars.
Thanks for the reply

I haven’t really even considered the 7 seat option or the 5 seat option, I really like the captain seats and the kids seem to fit in well in the 6 seat during test drive. Storage isn’t really a factor because I usually travel in my car by myself and if we do go anywhere we usually take my wife’s GMC Denali. My biggest question to myself was is this really a daily driver and is having FWD alittle much

after 6 months of driving it, your wife will never want to drive ICE cars again. The 6 seat config is great for kids. they can run back to the 3rd row easily. depending on their age, they can almost walk into 3rd row. When my kids were young, they love sitting in the 3rd row, they feel far away from the parents. My kids do complain about the lack of arm rest in the 2nd row captains chair. With the rear video screen (as small as it is), kids will love playing with it. Separate BT pairing for the rear is coming, so they can watch their own shows and use their own headphones.

No oil change, no brake change (frequently), no gas fill up. only time I goto a gas station is for the touchless car wash. Wife used to love the Range Rover, but after getting the X. she switched pretty quickly. Sold our last RRS last year, and completely EVs now. no regrets.

Don't see the appeal of large SUVs other than size. The safety factor alone with kids should be a big win for the wife. side-impact and rollover scores. FSD offload some anxiety and stress when driving long distance or in stop-n-go traffic is a game changer. OTA updates, remote access to car, cameras, dashcam, sentry mode. dog mode (if you have pets), should be all wins in her book. Who gas up the car, now you or wife don't have to. just plug it in at night.

-ThinkMac-
Thanks for the reply

I agree with everything you say.

My biggest question to myself is , is this car alittle much for a daily driver to work and are the FWD alittle much , I feel like for some reason it garners attention when opening anywhere.

This would be my 1st EV which is giving me alittle anxiety for some reason I would think others felt the same way.

Also I have read that there can be issues with this model and service is t the best blah blah blah so these things do concern me but I’m talking myself into “it should be fine”

Thanks for the reply

I agree with everything you say.

My biggest question to myself is , is this car alittle much for a daily driver to work and are the FWD alittle much , I feel like for some reason it garners attention when opening anywhere.

This would be my 1st EV which is giving me alittle anxiety for some reason I would think others felt the same way.

Also I have read that there can be issues with this model and service is t the best blah blah blah so these things do concern me but I’m talking myself into “it should be fine”
Couple of other factors worth mentioning (for me anyway). If you are 6 feet tall, or more, the entry and exit from the X is a huge improvement over the S. That was the biggest complaint I had about the S, being a very short car. Even the Model 3 is easier to get in or out of. Rear seat access is even more improved, due to the FWD.

The windshield extends to directly above the driver's head, providing an enormous view, and a very inconspicuous spot to hang your EZ-Pass or other electronic tolling devices (very top of the windshield).

The X has no maintenance, plus I can drive it for virtually nothing. My local local electric utility offers a special deep discounted rate for EVs, of 2.7¢ per kWh. Last Month, the total amount I paid for fuel, for TWO Teslas charging at home, was a whopping $14.81.

It is true, there are more things that can break on a Model X and potentially ruin your experience, but the newer cars are MUCH better than earlier years. My current X has not been in the shop a single time since acquiring it 18 months ago, not even any Mobile Service. I did pay for an alignment right after I bought it, but that was on me, and not because of a problem.