Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another update tonight: 2019.20.4.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only thing I noticed with this update is that I no longer get the dancing and spinning cars around me when I am stopped on the display. On the previous few versions whenever I am stopped, most of time the cars around me are either jumping around or actually spinning around 360.

I thought the same thing at first, but after driving around on 2019.20.4.4 it's a little more nuanced.

I've noticed now that the cars are almost rock-steady as long as I'm not near the front of the line at a red-light. If I'm the first or second car in line at an intersection, the UI goes wild with cars flying all over the place. My best guess is that the NN is seeing head-on cars, sideways cars, and lane-lines of all directions if it's near an intersection, and that's causing the UI to dance.

Reactions: GarthG
I’ve got a slightly different theory.

Since the radar is forward facing, the cars beside and behind are all being detected by camera and run through vision processing. I think the identification algorithms are based on movement, and the cars staying still is not an often enough dataset that the system has trouble with it.

Only thing I noticed with this update is that I no longer get the dancing and spinning cars around me when I am stopped on the display. On the previous few versions whenever I am stopped, most of time the cars around me are either jumping around or actually spinning around 360.
It's still there. You just haven't noticed it yet. Sometimes I see still cars and sometimes I don't. It's not fixed.

Not sure if it's an urban legend, but apparently if you drive to your local Service centre, your car will get the latest firmware pushed to it.
Its an urban legend. I pass the oakville tesla 2x/day driving to work. I was there last week to pick up my chademo adaptor and no update. Unless you meant if you go and ask they will push an update?

To that end, I've gotten pretty friendly with one of the service techs (good to have friends in high places), and he can push a software update to me, but only when the 'system' allows him to do so...which now is pretty much the same as doing the 'advanced' update selection in the current software.

Reactions: Techniques
Did that the first day and I checked it once in while. Thanks

Schedule an FW update from the ap, the Mississauga SC will do it remotely when they're not slammed - It will start with a phone call to confirm your appointment. Just mention your car isn't updating even though you have full Wifi at home overnight.. My 3LR had a corrupted SD card that needed to be reformatted before updates would download.

upload_2019-7-16_8-39-15.png

Schedule an FW update from the ap, the Mississauga SC will do it remotely when they're not slammed - It will start with a phone call to confirm your appointment. Just mention your car isn't updating even though you have full Wifi at home overnight.. My 3LR had a corrupted SD card that needed to be reformatted before updates would download.

View attachment 430210
Thanks. I email them last time. I will try again with the app.